Wife came home with a new toy

/ Wife came home with a new toy #21  
Yeah, the 6.4 wasn't on the top of my list, but trying to find a 7.3, 6.7 or even a 6.2 gasser in decent shape is impossible unless you have deep pockets.

The seller used it in his business and said he can't have breakdowns and he fixed most of the common 6.4 issues.

We will see

Rocker arms is the big issue in the early ones. I replaced them in one of mine. The other 2 had multiple fuel system issues.
You MUST keep an eye on the fuel filters and keep the oil changed & clean. Do NOT fail on this or you will have troubles.
When they are running correctly, they have all the power you need.

/ Wife came home with a new toy
He bought a long block and shortly after seen the coolant bubbling in the reservoir. Cracked head. Replaced both with aftermarket heads. He also recently replaced both fuel pumps. The shop he used I'm not impressed with but..

Maintenance is on me of course

/ Wife came home with a new toy #23  
Congratulations! (y)

The thought of buying a new or newer truck has been in my mind. Especially since I've been spending time on my GMC tracking down an air bag light. I'm certain the problem is wiring. It's like chasing a cat. The codes keep changing. It all started when I hit a pothole last week. :rolleyes:
Check the sensor on the right front. Corrosion caused the problem on my truck. Was a recall item.

/ Wife came home with a new toy
Electrical sucks. I got 1 truck that is rusted but runs great. Nothing works electrically....unless I plug my scanner in. Then everything works as advertised.

I think I dropped a ground somewhere due to the rust. So many grounds and wires, it's frustrating