Wicked 55 root rake grapple on a 25HP compact?

/ Wicked 55 root rake grapple on a 25HP compact?
Catawba attachments has a wicked 55 clone that is maybe 50 lb heavier. Same "free shipping" deal, $2600.
Good: they have a few in stock.
Bad: as soon as I post this, they will sell those and be backordered for 4 months by the time I get my $3k back on my CC.

:cry: :ROFLMAO:

They are 8 miles from EA. Speculation: EA NOS or seconds/rejects? Is Ted C is working with them?
1714519356866.png

Catawba 55 Rake Grapple

Last edited:
   / Wicked 55 root rake grapple on a 25HP compact? #33  
it is too wide to rip out a stump unless it is very small. excavators use a single ripper tooth to rip out stumps . it can be done with a bucket but takes time. You have to be realistic with your expectations and pick the right tool for the job. root grapples may be good at ripping out multiple small sapling sized roots but definitely not anything I would call a stump. especially on a 25hp tractor. you will not have much lifting and pulling power left and risk damaging something.

they are great for grabbing objects or logs or rocks and picking up and crushing brush. I built an attachment on mine to grab saplings and rip them out. works great for that.
Using a bucket can accomplish the task, but it's time-consuming. It's important to set realistic expectations and choose the appropriate tool for the job. While root grapples are effective for removing multiple small sapling-sized roots, they're not suitable for stumps, especially with a 25hp tractor.