Why buy a Deere CUT?

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #91  
Why buy a Deere CUT, new one is a 2038R...because my original CUT, an 855 is still running like a Deere, (it's major repair has been that it had to have its neutral switch tightened up)
What Deere was and what they ended up to be is of no comparison. Their 50 and 70 series were built quite well and some of the finest tractors they ever put their name to. (I owned both a 750 and 950 machine)
You would think with an aluminum drive case and plastic everything (which is 10 times cheaper than steel components) you would have gotten some kind of price break. Instead they went the other way thinking their green paint would disguise any subtraction of value.
They can keep their stuff.

Last edited:
   / Why buy a Deere CUT? #92  
They've quit putting steering brakes on their lesser hp machines. Out of the picture now. Lots of electrical issues, too.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #93  
What Deere was and what they ended up to be is of no comparison. Their 50 and 70 series were built quite well and some of the finest tractors they ever put their name to. (I owned both a 750 and 950 machine)
You would think with an aluminum drive case and plastic everything (which is 10 times cheaper than steel components) you would have gotten some kind of price break. Instead they went the other way thinking their green paint would disguise any subtraction of value.
Speaking of paint. When I was looking at Mahindra in 2014 when I bought my JD the paint was fading already on undelivered Mahindra's. That was a big turn off. I bought Green Plastic and still not faded after 8 years

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #94  

Funny you say that because Deere didn't build the 50 nor the 70 Series. Both series were built in Japan at the Yanmar manufacturing facility.

John Deere & Yanmar Engineering Co.jpg

The image shows the JD850 and YM2500 (same machine, different colors) on the assembly line.

Owners of the Deere series of these compacts now utilize the Yanmar parts network because Deere has been discontinuing so many parts in the past decade.

Over at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, our membership has increased a good deal with Deere owners needing parts and assistance globally.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #95  
Funny you say that because Deere didn't build the 50 nor the 70 Series. Both series were built in Japan at the Yanmar manufacturing facility.

View attachment 727722

The image shows the JD850 and YM2500 (same machine, different colors) on the assembly line.

Owners of the Deere series of these compacts now utilize the Yanmar parts network because Deere has been discontinuing so many parts in the past decade.

Over at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, our membership has increased a good deal with Deere owners needing parts and assistance globally.
I didn't say they "built" them.
I stated the best they "put their name to".
Yanmar built these tractors to the JD specs given to Yanmar.
They were excellent and I put mine thru he((.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #96  
Speaking of paint. When I was looking at Mahindra in 2014 when I bought my JD the paint was fading already on undelivered Mahindra's. That was a big turn off. I bought Green Plastic and still not faded after 8 years
I understand about "turn offs".
What were big turn offs to me were the JD 3032E aluminum gear case, the plastic fenders, the plastic hood and the plastic floor along with decreased work capacities.
Only thing that was "solid" to me about the JD was the price increase.

If the newer JD plastic-fantastics can do work like this in this kind of terrain and hold up to these kind of stresses for 27 years as this 750 did, then you'll change my mind.

Attachments

• JD 750 003.jpg
    JD 750 003.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 121
  • DSC01635.JPG finished.jpg
    DSC01635.JPG finished.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
  • PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 123
   / Why buy a Deere CUT? #97  
I understand about "turn offs".
What were big turn offs to me were the JD 3032E aluminum gear case, the plastic fenders, the plastic hood and the plastic floor along with decreased work capacities.
Only thing that was "solid" to me about the JD was the price increase.

If the newer JD plastic-fantastics can do work like this in this kind of terrain and hold up to these kind of stresses for 27 years as this 750 did, then you'll change my mind.

WOW. Thanks for sharing. I've done that with my JD850 (aka Yanmar YM2610). :) Not to many people ever post logging images with out type of machines. Thanks!

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #98  
WOW. Thanks for sharing. I've done that with my JD850 (aka Yanmar YM2610). :) Not to many people ever post logging images with out type of machines. Thanks!
Almost bought the 850 at the time (1985). Instead bought the 750 and a 950.
Sold the 950 after awhile as the 750 could do much of the work I intended for it plus I needed the money for a land purchase behind me.
My tractors do mostly 2 things. Plow snow and log.
The 750 built a 320'x80' riding ring. 18 truck loads from a 20 yd dump.
Even the truck driver, as he was dumping load after load, was surprised I was clearing the loads so quickly with "that little tractor".
It was a great machine and all my kids and some of my grand kids grew up on it.
I had a tough time letting it go but to this day, it still runs for the guy who bought it.
The year you joined TBN, we had this 27" dump.
It was also the year I sold the JD-750 with heart tugs.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1672.jpg
    IMG_1672.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 109
   / Why buy a Deere CUT? #99  
As with most things, things were built better back in the day. Less plastic and more metal. However, more rust also. I think most folks doing any kind of logging aren't going to buy a 3032E. However, I have had mine for 8 years and have no issue with the plastic stuff. Nothing has broke. Tractor looks and works as it did when new. I don't need a brake for each wheel, I don't need a lot of things that some people seem is necessary. But for general work, loader, brush hogging, driveway maintenance, it's more tractor than most will ever need. And the hydrostat is fantastic with the 2 pedals, hate the single pedal hydro's.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #100  
26 years ago, I didn't buy a CUT. Although I started out looking for a CUT. More experienced folks convinced me to buy a utility ag tractor for my acreage (30). It was wise advice looking back. Didn't have any brand loyalty since it was the first tractor. I shopped all the local brands. NH, Massey, Case, Kubota, Long, & Deere. After deciding on the size machine, I found Deere to be the most competitive. And purchased a 5200 with FEL. That year I bought the biggest lawnmower Home Depot sold. It lasted two years. I then bought a 10-year-old Deere F915 diesel commercial front mower.
Along the while, I discovered any Deere dealer can get any Deere part. Didn't have to go to AG dealer to get AG part and conversely L&G for lawn mower parts. Later on, Deere Construction dealer too.
Then wanted a backhoe. As chance happened, A Deere 310C was available for the right price.
Next machine was a lawn mower to pull the leaf vac. Again, a used Deere 102 fit the bill.
Couldn't get labor to help with handling hay bales, made with the old tractor. Bought a grapple and accumulator. Rented a skid steer to work the grapple. The SS was too slow traveling the field and tore the grass maneuvering.
Bought another tractor - Deere 5065e... Now I'm a Deere fleet. Deere dealers have served me well. Deere original parts or alternatives have been available from dealer. There is a robust aftermarket and used market available too.
I've been well pleased with Deere dealers and machines over 26 years.