• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Who's got one?

/ Who's got one?
I bought my first compact tractor back in 1979 when I started building my house. It was a 17HP Kubota B7100HST with FEL and backhoe (not shown).
View attachment 853415
Initially, I used it to dig the foundation footings for the house in the background. Over the next 20 years, I used it to do other large projects like septic systems, road grading, snow plowing, landscaping & mowing. Not as fast as a larger machine, but given time, it's truly amazing what these little tractors can do.
Nice......
I bought a new CC/Yanmar in 2009. Who knew a couple years later that venture would go south? No matter, it is a great little tractor and back hoe. I have used it for a bit of everything over the years. Some things that I am pretty sure would be not have been approved by the manufacturer but it survived and lives well yet today. I have some farm acreage that I rent out so I don't need a big tractor. On the rare occasion that I have, I borrowed one from the guy that farms my ground. I am ever amazed by what can be accomplished with a smaller tractor. It looks like you have done well with yours. I'll keep my CC/Yanmar but want just a bit larger size, hence my interest in the Summit. Just fits my needs. I don't need higher HP or even a cab.

/ Who's got one? #62  
There is a Farm and Home Supply store in Quincy Illinois that is selling Summit tractors. They look decent and the price is OK. It’s hard to tell on prices these days since I bought my JD pre Covid.

/ Who's got one?
There is a Farm and Home Supply store in Quincy Illinois that is selling Summit tractors. They look decent and the price is OK. It’s hard to tell on prices these days since I bought my JD pre Covid.
I did see that. I am not familiar with the company but that really doesn't mean anything. There is actually a small dealer even closer to my house. Not a TSC type store but more like a small tractor dealer. Just my opinion but I think the prices advertised on the Summit website are reasonable to me. Tractors will never be as cheap as they used to be. That said, the tractors we are buying new today are more complicated but also more capable in comparable sizes. The OEMs all seemed to go through a build it cheap phase years ago in the tractors. Today it seems like they are actually building with a much more quality and user friendly focus. Times change and a good manufacturer changes also to keep up. They ain't cheap no more but "reasonable". I can easily imagine one of these lasting several generations just like the tractors of my youth with adequate maintenance. Also a lot nicer to operate with or without a cab. (y)

Ad bottom of page