Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,631  
Darth not a BMW GS but the same idea only by Moto Guzzi. This 2022 V85TT reminds me of BMW's 1991-95 airhead R100GS only modernized with FI, better brakes, LED lighting, cruise control, ABS, traction control that can be turned off, and a few other things. It's very comfortable, and capable for riding all roads.
Your R1250GS is a nice piece because it does everything so I can see why you wouldn't trade it. There's a reason BMW's best selling motorcycles year after year are R GS's and GSA's.

GS's have been my go to motorcycles since my first one back in 1991 and I've owned them continuously up until 2018 when I sold my last R1200GSA, so 5 years now w/o one. The new R1300GS is on my radar though. :)

Here's a better pic of the V85TT.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,632  
I've always loved the Guzzi!!! Never owned one though. I came off a 2010 GSA, put 180k on it. LOVED that bike. But, this new Shift Cam boxer is nuts. It has some serious steam to it, in Dynamic Pro... but, also very docile. My wife and I are doing the two day BMW Off Road Course up on Greenville, SC in September. Looking forward to that.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,633  
Darth not a BMW GS but the same idea only by Moto Guzzi. This 2022 V85TT reminds me of BMW's 1991-95 airhead R100GS only modernized with FI, better brakes, LED lighting, cruise control, ABS, traction control that can be turned off, and a few other things. It's very comfortable, and capable for riding all roads.
Your R1250GS is a nice piece because it does everything so I can see why you wouldn't trade it. There's a reason BMW's best selling motorcycles year after year are R GS's and GSA's.

GS's have been my go to motorcycles since my first one back in 1991 and I've owned them continuously up until 2018 when I sold my last R1200GSA, so 5 years now w/o one. The new R1300GS is on my radar though. :)

Here's a better pic of the V85TT.

Have you tried the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires yet? I'm on my third set. LOVE them!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,634  
I've thought about taking that course, everyone says it's lot of fun and they gain a lot from it.

No I've not tried Missions, in fact I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Trail AT41's to put on it before I leave next month on a ride. Nice to hear you like the Dunlops because they seem to last a long time. Maybe I'll give them a try next.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,635  
I've thought about taking that course, everyone says it's lot of fun and they gain a lot from it.

No I've not tried Missions, in fact I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Trail AT41's to put on it before I leave next month on a ride. Nice to hear you like the Dunlops because they seem to last a long time. Maybe I'll give them a try next.
My '19 GSA came with the A41's as OEM... I then went to the Anakee Adventures, and liked them MUCH better than the A41's. However, the Dulop Trail Max Missions are FAR superior to either of the other tires. I raced WERA for years, 600cc and Liter Bikes... so, riding off road got me a wee bit squeamish the first few times I felt my arse end moving around. I'm self taught, when off road. Hoping to gain some good insight from the Pros at BMW with regards to this big beast off road. I know the bike is capable... far more than I am. Now ON the road, I ride this thing like a 600cc super sport. It's just that flickable. I'd LOVE to do a track day on this GSA.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,636  
Good looking Guzzi that V85TT. I don't know how the 460 pound bike would be on trails where things can change suddenly ? I had a big 850 Eldorado yrs ago. It was a superb road bike. I was looking at used Harleys last night to pass the time. Found a nice RK like my old one (1998) for $10k with few miles on it. But at my age I wonder about the wisdom of bike riding... heck I'm dangerous enough in the Porsche or Cobra. lol
How old are you riders?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,637  
These are AT 41 which is a different tire than their A41. AT41's supposedly wear longer and are a little better on dirt roads. I guess I'll find out. One thing I just found out was tire prices sure have gone up, and availability can be limited so I'll order well ahead next time.

An 80% on-road / 20% off-road ADV tire for riders who want a more aggressive tread design while maintaining great touring performance, enhanced wet traction on pavement, and light off-road capability.* The AT41 is positioned nicely between the on-road oriented Battlax Adventure A41 and the off-road oriented Battlax Adventurecross AX41.

Guys like you on GS's surprise a *lot* of sport bike riders curvy roads! As I say they do almost everything, course I'm preaching to the choir. LOL

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,638  
Good looking Guzzi that V85TT. I don't know how the 460 pound bike would be on trails where things can change suddenly ? I had a big 850 Eldorado yrs ago. It was a superb road bike. I was looking at used Harleys last night to pass the time. Found a nice RK like my old one (1998) for $10k with few miles on it. But at my age I wonder about the wisdom of bike riding... heck I'm dangerous enough in the Porsche or Cobra. lol
How old are you riders?

I am 54. Been riding since I was nae but a wean. Got my first new street bike when I turned 18... 1987 Honda VFR750R, and discovered track days. I fell in love with road racing. Had I not been Active Duty in the Army, would have tried my luck at professional racing. Did years of privateer work, track day coach, MSF Rider Coach, etc. I discovered "adventure riding" back in 2008 and bought my first BMW GS Adventure, and admittedly, used it 99.875% as a big road bike. I was smitten. I put over 180,000 miles on that bike, rode it all over the US, and even down into Mexico. Sold it and bought my 2019 R1250GSA and my love affair continues. The Boxer engine is just brilliant. No, it does not have the soul stirring V-Twin thump of a Ducati, or an old Suzuki TL1000R... but it moves me, just the same. 74,000 miles on her since new, and she always makes me smile.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,639  
These are AT 41 which is a different tire than their A41. AT41's supposedly wear longer and are a little better on dirt roads. I guess I'll find out. One thing I just found out was tire prices sure have gone up, and availability can be limited so I'll order well ahead next time.

An 80% on-road / 20% off-road ADV tire for riders who want a more aggressive tread design while maintaining great touring performance, enhanced wet traction on pavement, and light off-road capability.* The AT41 is positioned nicely between the on-road oriented Battlax Adventure A41 and the off-road oriented Battlax Adventurecross AX41.

Guys like you on GS's surprise a *lot* of sport bike riders curvy roads! As I say they do almost everything, course I'm preaching to the choir. LOL
I have years and years, and thousands of miles on a racetrack, riding race prepped liter bikes. However, I do not ride that way on the street. I do ride "spirited" for sure, but gravel, anti-freeze, tourists doing three point turns in a curve, or vehicles crossing the center line makes me ride sanely on public highways. But yes... "Beware of an Old Guy, on a GS!" :)

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,640  

Ah, yes, you are correct. I had the A41's. They were VERY good on dry pavement. I taught a few "Circuit Rider" Courses through MSF, with the A41s on my GSA. Edge to edge traction was superb. But, they were HORRIBLE in gravel or any type of NON pavement. The Anakee Adventure were similar on dry pavement, a wee bit squirrely when wet, but suprised me in gravel.