Who makes a loader mounted lift pole?

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #11  
I needed to be able to move stuff around and since I don't have a FEL, a boom was the next best thing. I used a couple old pieces of 3" I-beam scabbed together and welded. My FIL pulled a sideload on it and bent it, so I went to build another one. Newer single piece and a upright from a bush hog and I was back in business till I went under a low oak limb with a load on it, and squashed the uprights. Installed heavy duty bush hog uprights, with reinforcements and it's great. I wanted to set some steel trusses, so I welded on a 2x2 square tubing extension and it works fine. I do wish I had added the last section on a pivot, with a cylinder so I could control the last section better, and be able to get closer to the ground thereby adding to the height of full extension.
Another way would be to put a small 12v or hydraulic winch on it and a roller at the tip, but that takes a little more time than I originally invested in my single action boom pole.
The main drawback to mine now, is I can't get it on the tractor by myself due to the added weight. I have to have someone around to put the pin in when I get it into position. Another thing, most smaller compacts don't have the lift capacity of my ag tractor, so if anyone decides to build their own, watch the weight if your tractor isn't a monster. I can probably solve the installation problem by suspending the boom in position, just haven't tackled that yet.
David from jax

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #12  
I just put up a 24' x 24' building with 12/12 pitch attic trusses.

I rented a BilJax 5533 Towable lift to set the trusses. Towed it with my RAM 1500 pickup. Bil-Jax Products:Towable Articulating Boom Liftss
It came with a "man bucket" that could be switched for a hoist point.

In my area, trusses are limited to about 11' in height so that they can be transported over the roads. So for my trusses, the "peak" came as a separate cap truss that also needed to be set. I put temporary bracing on my cap trusses and set them in groups of three to make it quicker/easier.

The 5533 lift has a capacity of 500 lbs and a reach of about 35 feet horizontal. I parked it about 10' to the side of the building for the lift. I had to move it once to have the reach for all the trusses. Each of my main trusses weighs 244 lbs. There's no way I could have done the "hang it upside down and flip it up" method with these trusses - they're way too flexible.

WVBill

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #14  
reasley said:
...Your description of the larger boom pole is analogous to the regular vs. heavy duty post hold digger that I discussed recently. The heavy duty one is not in the catalog and if I hadn't tripped over it at the store, I wouldn't have know that it was an option.

If I had known that they had a heavier boom pole available, too , the price differential would have certainly been worth it. However, in defense of the smaller one, my guess is that the 500 lb. limit is very conservative. One additional function that I discovered recently with it is its ability to poke and move 1100 pound round bales (on the 3 pt.). I know that, since the bales center is further down the boom pole's shaft, that it's not an apples-to-apples test of the unit's upper weight limit but, nonetheless, it was a nice discovery!

Yep, agreed. TSC ain't perfect, but I still love that store. Same deal here, I went to get the regular duty one, but right next to them were the one's I bought. I am sure there is a pretty decent safety factor built into them, but that rating is probably also at the very end where the weight would have the longest moment arm. I presume when you used it like a bale spear the weight of that spear was distributed towards the middle of the pole more. The other thing to think about is how long of a lever that thing would be at the end of a FEL. It might not be a good idea to lift <1,500 that far out from your tractor without some serious ballast.

MrJimi said:
I wanted tall and not all that strong, I made this one and it will reach 29 feet up and I'm not sure on how much it will lift that high

That thing is awesome! I don't know how long my boom is... that is just cool to be able to reach that high.

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #15  
Spiveyman said:
That thing is awesome! I don't know how long my boom is... that is just cool to be able to reach that high.

If you could read the sign I made that is at the top it's a sign welcoming my friends after a long overdue visit and it's something they will remember for a long time ( I hope ), They loved it :D :D

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #17  
Cool find GreenMtns, I'm telling you there's a gadget for everything these days! You have to love America!

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #18  

Attachments

• EB-34.jpg
    EB-34.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 309
   / Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #19  
I have used an old "carpet" pole from a carpet mill. With a little welding, I used it with the forks instead of a bucket.

/ Who makes a loader mounted lift pole? #20  
I put up 4-12 30' trusses with my loader. Just bolted a 12' 4x4 to my forks, hung a chain from the top. my barn is 12' tall walls, 48' long. I did it myself, but it sure would have been nice to have someone to help hold and swing them.

My trusses were about 140 lbs each, I would have needed a better pole for anything heavier.

Attachments

• Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 287