Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #941  
I love how airports handle it… simply dump it into massive melting trucks and turn it back into water.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #942  
Snow photos taken today.
6x6brt1900.jpg
20240327_113606.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #943  
I think we are done with snow here in South Central PA. I mowed my yard this afternoon. It would be weird to have to plow snow again, lol.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #944  
It looks like we are done with snow up in the nw corner or western NY also. This past winter was definitely the least snow I’ve seen in my 59 years here.

We only had (2) snowfalls of just over 12”, where I used my larger tractor, and (4-5) of 4-12”, where my little Farmall Cub was perfect. Looking at the long range forecast, I see no more freezing temperatures after tomorrow. I think that means I’m safe to remove the plows from the tractors. I already pulled the one off my larger tractor.

Now I’m excited for boating season. After I pull the plow from the Cub, I’m going to beef up the plow frame a little so that it will better support the tongue weight of my boat with a front mount trailer hitch.

That front mount, hydraulic lift hitch sure is nice for pushing the boat back into position, and like snowplowing, is another great use for that offset engine “cultivation”. It’s great to be able to look right at the ball, on the front of the tractor, as you lift it into the trailer’s receiver.
IMG_2219.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #945  
We had a good dump this week, good thing the water level are very low and there was almost no snow in the bush so everything will help being easter weekend it is probably the last storm before the summer.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #947  
Here we go again, another heavy wet mess is headed to New England. 8-14” in the valleys, 1-2’ in the mountains. Good thing I left the chains and the blower on.

I was out doing yard work today, I will be blowing snow by Thursday. Got to love our New England weather!

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #948  
Evening all;
Looks like winter is thinking about trying to hang on a bit longer, dang it;

1712009408652.png

But, I did my part today to make this a false forecast.
Put the bucket back on the little Kioti, hooked up the inverted blower to the Branson 8050 and gave her a good once over greased, checked the shear bolts, lubed the chain it's ready to go.
Then the starter had gone out on the IH 574 so replaced that and backed her up to the generator. Topped off all the fuel tanks.
Now we should get just rain :)
Everyone stay safe and get well

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #949  
Sunny and 65 here…….

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #950  
for us it looks like it's over, the 7 day forecast is all going to be above 32 F and below 32 F at night but the following 7 days is all going to be above 32 F even at night and one day up to 71 F .... so the winter tires are coming off this time off.