Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #922  
Guess old man winter not done with us yet,12-14 inches when all said and done late Saturday PM. :(
I measured 20" here this morning. Like Gordon Gould noted ours was dense but dry. Didn't go overboard plowing...figure most of it will be gone by the end of the week.

Had to bring the wife to Manchester today, looks like the lakes region got less snow, but some freezing rain...trees were all coated in ice, and quite a few down, especially on the northbound side of I-93 between exits 18 & 20. Only looked like a couple inches south of Concord.
Still have my chains on two of the four and studded snows still on the vehicles.
This last storm kind of came out of nowhere, couple weeks ago the extended forecast looked to be just rain, with maybe a few "snow showers". Sort of like planting a garden...don't get fooled by 50 degree weather in early May, likely as not there could be frost Memorial day weekend.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #923  
When we had the warm snap, I got onto the tractor and disc harrowed all of the gardens. It's the smartest thing to do when opportunity knocks.

All of the compost from Fall and Winter was stacked onto the gardens. Those microbes doing their work. Opening up the compost only, not really tilling the soil, allows the SNOW DENSE NUTRIENTS to find their way into the open compost now.

1711324300696.png

Snow protects your STRAWBERRY plants too!

1711324312083.png

1711324327814.png

Bring on the Spring time easy snow! Just a few inches here and there is all. Not in feet mind you.
1711324372688.png

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #924  
18” and all cleaned up!

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpeg
    IMG_2317.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2319.jpeg
    IMG_2319.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2341.jpeg
    IMG_2341.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #925  
We got nothing. 🙃

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #927  
Sharpening blades and changing oil in the Hustler today to mow 🤣

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #930  
Ready for spring, got tons to do. We get ours from lake effect off lake Erie. Tired of seeing it melt and come back. It never got real hot here last summer. Maybe 1 or 2 days in 90's and not humid. I'll take that over cold and heating bills.