Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #891  
We got about an inch of white overnight. They're still calling for 5-8" for Sunday, then rain/thunder into Monday. Sure need it. We'll see...

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #892  
I'd guess you know that manufactured do make utility sleds with lower PSI. Here's one I'm trying to test run. No interest in it, but would be fun to test operate. We switched to atv's/utv's with pod kits. View attachment 858413
What is a pod kit?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #893  
Lol 500 mile drive north of me taken just now on webcam also suffices as occasional homesick remedy, meanwhile I may actually have to plow down state.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322-101612.png
    Screenshot_20240322-101612.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 29
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #895  
Calling for a foot+ up my way on Sat. For once a storm isn't going south of us. Where was this back in Jan/Feb when we needed/wanted it?

We have the same forecast here. To late to enjoy and will just be a mess now that everything is soft and not refrozen very solid. Put the plow on this morning,

gg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #896  
My current Skidoo has 120 hp, and plenty fast, but is useless off packed snow. It’ll get stuck in a foot of powder. One time right in my driveway. I used the tractor to get it back in the garage.
I fully admit to people now, it’s not a snowmobile… it’s a fast groomed trail-mobile
My 4 stroke 'Cat isn't quite that bad, but it's no off-trail machine either. Just too heavy.

We have the same forecast here. To late to enjoy and will just be a mess now that everything is soft and not refrozen very solid. Put the plow on this morning,

Yeah, figures. All my fault...I took the chains off the tractor last week. R4's so they don't have much traction in snow. Should be cold enough so the snow is fairly light and not the cement we generally get in late March.
Oh well, supposed to get in the 40s next week, this snow won't last long.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #897  
My 4 stroke 'Cat isn't quite that bad, but it's no off-trail machine either. Just too heavy.

Yeah, figures. All my fault...I took the chains off the tractor last week. R4's so they don't have much traction in snow. Should be cold enough so the snow is fairly light and not the cement we generally get in late March.
Oh well, supposed to get in the 40s next week, this snow won't last long.
Still have my chains on two of the four and studded snows still on the vehicles.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #898  
Guess old man winter not done with us yet,12-14 inches when all said and done late Saturday PM. :(

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #899  
About 8" out here at this time, still coming down as mixed precip snow/sleet, calling for some rain/freezing rain with precipitation till evening. May go out later and see what I can do, low teens tonight and tomorrow night.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #900  
Ya, NOAA just updated our forecast. Looks like a mess but we do need the moisture.
1711196902278.png