Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #882  
About 8” overnight, more coming Sunday and Monday they say.

Plowed with the side by side

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #883  
My first sled was a 72 Snowjet SST. It was the fastest sled of its time. It had a temperamental Yamaha 440 free air engine. So small and light compared to today’s machines, but also slow compared to today’s machines

My current Skidoo has 120 hp, and plenty fast, but is useless off packed snow. It’ll get stuck in a foot of powder. One time right in my driveway. I used the tractor to get it back in the garage.
I fully admit to people now, it’s not a snowmobile… it’s a fast groomed trail-mobile

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #884  
My first sled was a 72 Snowjet SST. It was the fastest sled of its time. It had a temperamental Yamaha 440 free air engine. So small and light compared to today’s machines, but also slow compared to today’s machines

My current Skidoo has 120 hp, and plenty fast, but is useless off packed snow. It’ll get stuck in a foot of powder. One time right in my driveway. I used the tractor to get it back in the garage.
I fully admit to people now, it’s not a snowmobile… it’s a groomed trail-mobile
I'd guess you know that manufactured do make utility sleds with lower PSI. Here's one I'm trying to test run. No interest in it, but would be fun to test operate. We switched to atv's/utv's with pod kits.
sherpa80474.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #885  
I haven’t seen that one before, but I have to admit I haven’t been looking lately. Hearing people paying $20k lately, has kept me from looking at a new replacement

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #887  

I fully admit to people now, it’s not a snowmobile… it’s a fast groomed trail-mobile
I can recall when the Snow Jets came out, we had a neighbor that became a dealer for them. He actually ended up doing quite well with them, stayed in business and ended up a Yamaha dealer and his son took over until Yamaha in it's infinite wisdom said he had to sell motorcycles as well couldn't just be snowmobiles and atv's but had to be a full line dealer, that was the end of that.
We started with Arctic Cat's in the mid 60's when my father got the Panther we had a choice of a 250cc 2 stroke or a Brigs and Stratton 8 hp engine, Dad went with the 2 stroke. We rode down to the Snow Jet dealership one night to check out his new sleds, they were quick but tippy and couldn't climb near as well as the Panther. Then I ended up with a Moto Ski Zepher huge 390 something cc single and it seemed like a mile of wide track. Sure wasn't quick but could climb and churn through the woods.
Then I got on an El Tigre kick for a grat many years up to the 6000 after that I ended up in Texas for many years, not much riding down there, after I got back here I never did buy another sled between my brothers I always had one to ride without having to buy one.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #888  
We are going to get a lot of rain, and some below freeze nights.
Hopefully the ground stays warm enough to not ice up.

Have fun up north, hope it stays snow for ya.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #889  
So for the first time in a few years we got a descent amount of snow. I'm estimating about 8-10". It was deep enough in the driveway that snow was drifting over the hood/windshield of the Audi as I drove through it.

I debated pushing it all with the front end loader but decided to install the snow blower. (JD 4410 with a front mount.) That was a good move as I would have been hours pushing. I was a bit concerned that the wet snow would plug up in the chute but no problems so far.

It's supposed to snow for the next 3 days so more fun blowing snow. Last night was so nice blowing snow as there was only a light breeze and you could point the chute where you wanted without getting baptized by snow. It's pretty hard to be depressed when your doing one of your favorite jobs with the tractor.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #890  
Currently snowing downstate,planning to service RV this weekend for so its ready for upcoming spring break travels and making memories with family, somewhat ungratefully that I have an RV to service, (darn diy mentality) im not looking forward to crawling around outside on snowy mud to complete this task. If it's supposed to be spring let it be spring, wish it would stop snowing several inches at a time. Definitely have respect for real mechanics working out of service trucks. Whining rants over.