Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #901  
6" of the white stuff here and still snowing. This is the biggest storm of the winter for us. I took the blower off two weeks ago but left the chains on. After lunch I'll clear the snow plow berm at the end of the driveway and assess what needs to be done. I'll probably just pack a trail, both cars are awd with snow tires and decent ground clearance.

Until today winter was a non event here. We normally see 80" of snow, have had less than 16", counting today's 6".

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #903  
Ya, NOAA just updated our forecast. Looks like a mess but we do need the moisture.View attachment 858591
I’ll believe it when I see it but this is what they predict for us. I’m in the 18”-24”

Either way it don’t matter to me, I like the snow, I like plowing snow, and I don’t work

IMG_2598.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #904  
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #905  
Even if it did snow here again this season, the ground is too wet and muddy to mess with it. Id just let it melt off. Raining for next 3 days. Possible light snow overnight, but in 50° afternoons. Wont last.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #906  
I’m thankful for one last glorious 6” snowfall here in western NY. I was stuck down in southern CA for work all week, and I have had just about enough of those beaches, sand and sun.
IMG_4201.jpeg

This was a perfect snowfall for my old Farmall Cub, that I paid $783.17 for at an auction a couple years ago. It took me about an hour and a half this morning, to clear our two driveways (house and barn), and the neighbors on each side.
IMG_4243.jpeg

I enjoy snowplowing so much, that I bought just about the smallest tractor that money can buy, just to “stretch” that job out farther. I put away the snowplow from my larger tractor, the week before I headed out to CA.

This was a perfect snow for that little Cub, just the right density and depth. It sure is a smooth runner. I bet there are less than 300 hours on that little 4 cylinder 10 hp gasoline engine.

It hadn’t been ran in about 20 years when I got it, and not too much before that apparently. I dropped it off at the best Farmall mechanic in our county, to change all the fluids and tune it up, before I tried to start it. It runs like a Rolex watch now.

Not quite having enough, when I finished those driveways on our road, I drove our van over to my parents place and knocked out their driveway with my dad’s little JD 770.

Stupidly, I had taken the rear blade off that last weekend, but fortunately I had left the chains on its turf tires. I hadn’t snowplowed with it all winter, but those chains worked well on a 6 ft disk on a turnip patch last weekend.
IMG_4173.jpeg

I put the back blade back on it today and used it to clear the snow from their driveway. Not quite as smooth as the Farmall Cub, but it did a nice job. The old Farmall is a lot more fun though.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #907  
Still blowing and snowing, seems to be winding down finally, per National Grid 495 outages affecting 67,264 customers. That number has been climbing all afternoon.
Kitchen 1_7PM 3 23 24.jpg

damned snow and wind could quit any time.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #908  
I gotta mow in a couple days.
IMG_20240321_202828.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #909  
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #910  
For us snow is barely holding on it was very nice out last week i went for a motorcycle ride but then winter came back, it was good as I wasn’t done hauling cedars and fire wood.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpeg
    IMG_3149.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30