Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #781  
Yeah snow what's that? parked all my 30 yr old and older snow mschines down state, for the summer, getting ready to hobby farm.
happy to see all the tracks off the concrete floor

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #782  
Good Morning to all Snow warriors! Currently 32 degrees and still snowing. This stuff is HEAVY by comparison.

ATT00002.jpg

Tractor struggled on the main push out from the barn, but got there in the end.

ATT00003.jpg

Huh, that's not supposed to be there... Looks like I have an excuse for a grapple soon. Co-dominant trunk, split down one side with the heavy snow. Oh well, I guess twenty plus years isn't a bad lifespan for a scraggly maple dug out of a fencerow.

Even with my effort to dig out, all the major interstates are closed and the roads are dicey. I chose not to risk it. Currently sitting on the couch to make sure it doesn't float away. Hope everyone else has the same option!

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #783  
We are seeing a dusting of snow here now and then. Skiing remains OK. Some in the forecast.
1707831009567.png

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #784  
A bit if heavy snow now, might build up or turn to rain.
As long as it doesn't freeze to ice we will be ok as it will mostly be above freezing.
Looks like 2-3" total
20240213_074606.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #785  
There has been little snow this year, and lots of mud. Still, there has been some. Storm tonight is going to go under us, but the last one built up enough to have to clear the driveway.

20240129_124543.jpg20240129_124457.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #786  
I've got to add, R14's have proven to be exceptional in the snow. I can't compare them to R1's, however they're far and above better than anything else I've used without chains.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #787  
I race here called the Copper Dog was cancelled. :(

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #788  
Poor mushers and dogs, wasn't the jon bear grease race cancelled earlier in the season?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #790  
There would be widespread panic with that forecast around here. Schools would already be announcing closures, electricity would double in price, grocery stores would be empty. Weeping and gnashing of teeth type of thing...