Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #432  
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #433  
We got about 8" of snow yesterday but the temps were right around freezing so I got the tractor out and started dealing with it before it turned to slop. Spent half a day blowing and plowing heavy snow. The temps never got high enough to cause any serious melting but that may happen over the next few days. Depends on if the weatherman is right or not. 50/50 chance I guess.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #434  
At least through 2023 I won't have to worry about diesel fuel gelling up! Last year I hardly had to plow and so far this winter is pretty lame. Only time will tell.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.
On another note, I sold my Duo239 H-pattern chains and have some Aqualine MPC's arriving Thursday. The Duo's just didn't do it for me, and the square in the center of the "H" clumped up to a huge snowball in snowman weather a few times making the ride VERy unpleasent.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 132949.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #436  
On another note, I sold my Duo239 H-pattern chains and have some Aqualine MPC's arriving Thursday. The Duo's just didn't do it for me, and the square in the center of the "H" clumped up to a huge snowball in snowman weather a few times making the ride VERy unpleasent.

View attachment 837636
Let us know how they work out for you!

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #437  

View attachment 837636
I think you'll like those much better. I looked at them for my little Kioti but ended up going with a bit more aggressive chain,
1702323310567.png

I just have severe lack of rear fender clearance for studded chains.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #439  
OP,
the guys at Bluejay told me that running chains loose really helps with dropping the snow in the pattern
I have OFA easy on 5's and their recommendations were to run loose enough to at least stick a fist under- seems to work great
They are quite similar to the chains you are getting so i think you will be happy.
How did you blower work on the slop we just got?
I think mine would have been ok but just barely- I tend to blade it till thongs freeze up

Did you get the Aquilines locally?

OP,
the guys at Bluejay told me that running chains loose really helps with dropping the snow in the pattern
I have OFA easy on 5's and their recommendations were to run loose enough to at least stick a fist under- seems to work great
They are quite similar to the chains you are getting so i think you will be happy.
How did you blower work on the slop we just got?
I think mine would have been ok but just barely- I tend to blade it till thongs freeze up

Did you get the Aquilines locally?
I haven't even needed to use the tractor on the last slop, it has melted while snowing. So I have at most 2'' compacted and I'll let the people drive over it to compact it. Snowblower doesn't get lowered until I have a solid snow/ice surface. I got the chains from tirechainsrequired.com, one set of Aqualine MPC's in 43x16x20 for $514.00 shipped was pretty darn good price. Talons for $924.