Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #351  
And split brakes are your best friend

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #352  
One of the keys to using float, without the front wheels raising, is to hit it quick. Don't push forward slowly to engage float. If you push forward on the stick slowly, the down pressure of the loader will just lift the front end before it goes into float.

I find this to be true of dirt/snow/gravel, at least with my tractor this is the case. I'm thinking probably most tractors.
I plumb the front blower on the B7200 the other way.

Consider, "float is float"

So , from neutral, , pull back and the blower descends.

Push forward, and the blower lifts.
Push forward over the notch, to the float position, and the blower falls under it's own weight.

I have small lines to a rather large cylinder to slow down the actuation speed, so that helps.

But going from float (down) to up is very useful, and avoids the bump.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #353  
And split brakes are your best friend
Until I forget, and then there not. Been in the ditch because of hitting one brake at speed in snow and ice, slid off of the road. So now I always check for the break lock before removing snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #354  
I normally leave my brakes unlocked. My normal braking is with my foot centered over both brake pedals. If I wish to use just one it is easy to shift my foot one way or the other.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #355  
How does anyone use a Single brake to steer on an HST tractor? My Kioti has the HST pedal on the right side just under the brake pedals. Too bad the brakes aren’t on the left under the clutch pedal… 🤷

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #356  
How does anyone use a Single brake to steer on an HST tractor? My Kioti has the HST pedal on the right side just under the brake pedals. Too bad the brakes aren’t on the left under the clutch pedal… 🤷
Yeah, that would be a pain to use.

I'm fortunate that my brake pedals are on the left side, and my motion pedals (HST) are on the right.

My diff lock pedal is also on the left side.

Much easier to operate that way.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #357  
The old B7200 has a hand HST control as well as a foot control. (No reverse from the hand unit)
If I'm in a spot where split braking is going to help, A kwick push forward on the hand control keeps the tractor moving while my foot is doing the thing with the brake pedal.

This combination doesn't get used often, but comes in useful from time to time.
It's much like operating a gear drive tractor with a speed governor/ hand throttle

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #358  
Let it Snow ❄️❄️Love seat time in the winter.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #359  
Thank you everyone for the advice. I know I can always count on the TBN community for the best advice!
Still waiting on the first snow, I’ll post when that happens!👍🏻🫂✌🏻

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #360  
I use my steering wheel. I joke, the brake on mine is a single pedal on the left, and when doing snow removal with my end loader is the only time I wish it had split brakes. I’ve read but don’t know if it’s true there is a brake on just one side on my tractor and it brakes both wheels by engaging the differential lock when hitting the brake.