Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #341  
Weather Underground said less than an inch for last night. Woke up to 5" of wet concrete with branches broken off and trees bent over and no power. Probably the heaviest 5" I ever plowed. Brought the chain saw and needed to use it several times to get to the town road. First plow this year and not really excited about plowing yet.

gg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #342  
Hey TBN family, I just learned about float mode ( after only 9 years 😂 ) I was wondering if it can be used on the fel for pushing snow on a packed gravel driveway? Thanks

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #343  
Some will depend on the geometry of your loader and the height of the actual push axis. Most will actually lift the front tires while pushing in float with a pile of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #344  
Hey TBN family, I just learned about float mode ( after only 9 years 😂 ) I was wondering if it can be used on the fel for pushing snow on a packed gravel driveway? Thanks
I use the float lot just tip up cutting edge little so it doesn't dig in.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #345  
I use it with edge tamers but yeah, you can, it's a wonderful thing.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #347  
Depends on weight of plow & depth/weight of snow. Sometimes float will ride up on top of snow if its a light plow or on heavy snow. Float is good for gravel driveways as it tends to be more gentle than setting a plow at a fixed depth.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #348  
Depends on weight of plow & depth/weight of snow. Sometimes float will ride up on top of snow if its a light plow or on heavy snow. Float is good for gravel driveways as it tends to be more gentle than setting a plow at a fixed depth.
Thank you!

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #350  
One of the keys to using float, without the front wheels raising, is to hit it quick. Don't push forward slowly to engage float. If you push forward on the stick slowly, the down pressure of the loader will just lift the front end before it goes into float.

I find this to be true of dirt/snow/gravel, at least with my tractor this is the case. I'm thinking probably most tractors.