Who Broke The Bridge?

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #152  
I don't have withholdings either. Does nobody here make quarterlies? At tax time you don't get a refund, you make your last payment for the previous tax year.

Isn’t your fourth quarter estimate due Jan. 15? You have all your tax forms by Jan. 15?

MoKelly

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #153  
Behind the scenes, almost every reported post is due to politics now. Very rarely to we dismiss a report as rejected... maybe 1 in 20. Most require action. That action is almost always just locking threads or deleting posts. But we probably need to issue short term bans more for people to get the message. I think we've been very lenient over the past year. But with that has come more casual disregard for the rules... so we probably need to issue short term bans more for people to get the message. Even that is subtle compared to other sites that hand out permanent bans after just one rule violation.
I bet most of those reports come from one of a few goody two shoe's that probably pees their pants a little every time they see something they can report...!

Whenever off topic posts are allowed...sooner or later the underlying politics will always find their way to the surface...having a zero tolerance rule is fine with no off topic postings... on topic=fine, off topic=toast...no ifs ands or but's...

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #154  
I don't have withholdings either. Does nobody here make quarterlies? At tax time you don't get a refund, you make your last payment for the previous tax year.

Just because a filer pays quarterly does not necessarily mean they are not due a refund...

/ Who Broke The Bridge?
Whenever off topic posts are allowed...sooner or later the underlying politics will always find their way to the surface...having a zero tolerance rule is fine with no off topic postings... on topic=fine, off topic=toast...no ifs ands or but's...
You mean like the whole tax return/refund/filing thing?

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #157  
I do. But my point was you don't GET returns, you FILE returns. And apparently you do.
Maybe he meant refunds?
Does nobody here make quarterlies? At tax time you don't get a refund, you make your last payment for the previous tax year.
I'm self-employed and file quarterlies. Some years I overpay, others I underpay, never get it exactly right. If I overpay I get a refund, if it's under I mail Uncle Sam a check for the difference.

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #158  
I just engaged a new tax preparer. She drives a non-flying Jeep and is based on Earth. Although we did much online it doesn't mean she didn't have an alien double-check my returns. No bridges were harmed that I know of.