/ Who’s cutting hay? #101  
Last edited:
   / Who’s cutting hay?
Cut some fields on Saturday.
Say hello to my friends

1660131487208.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Who’s cutting hay? #103  
I wish we still had foxes, they were displaced by coyotes and people. At least a fox would go in the barn after mice, our coyotes will not. Both would go after voles.

/ Who’s cutting hay?
I wish we still had foxes, they were displaced by coyotes and people. At least a fox would go in the barn after mice, our coyotes will not. Both would go after voles.
We have them to the point that they are pests to some.
They are run over by cars everywhere around here just like deer.

/ Who’s cutting hay? #105  
In spite of looming rain which passed less than 1/4 mile from my hayfield I was able to get mine rolled today, god is definately good and answered my prayers to shield me from the rain, more is scheduled for tonight and tomorrow , I rolled this a little higher moisture wise than I like , around 15 - 16% but I figured I better strike while the iron was hot rather than take a chance on losing it.
20220811_172930.jpg
20220811_103928.jpg
20220811_172927.jpg

/ Who’s cutting hay?
Looks good!

/ Who’s cutting hay? #107  
In spite of looming rain which passed less than 1/4 mile from my hayfield I was able to get mine rolled today, god is definately good and answered my prayers to shield me from the rain, more is scheduled for tonight and tomorrow , I rolled this a little higher moisture wise than I like , around 15 - 16% but I figured I better strike while the iron was hot rather than take a chance on losing it.View attachment 758042View attachment 758043View attachment 758044
How long have you had your Vermeer504N? A friend bought one, to use on a 50hp tractor, and it works good, but as with most all used equipment, he's had to put a lot of bearings and some other parts in it. Needs a couple of belts repaired now.

/ Who’s cutting hay? #108  
How long have you had your Vermeer504N? A friend bought one, to use on a 50hp tractor, and it works good, but as with most all used equipment, he's had to put a lot of bearings and some other parts in it. Needs a couple of belts repaired now.
I got it used last year, I had a bearing catch fire earlier this year and it ruined one of the tubes so that set me back $800 or so, but other than that it is a very simple no frills baler that rolls good tight rolls so far, what I really don't understand about a lot of manufacturers is why would you make all the bearings sealed rather than serviceable? I guess I use grease to a fault but my dad always beat in my head that a nickle's worth of grease would save you hundreds in parts and repairs, I also invested in a small inexpensive IR thermometer and I stop after about 25 rolls and shoot each bearing to try to keep that from happening again, once he gets the kinks worked out I bet he will like it.

/ Who’s cutting hay?
Made another 75 biscuits on Saturday. Got rained on & ruined.

1660519716380.jpeg

Man I gotta get the tractor glass washed. lol

1660522820018.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Who’s cutting hay? #110  
Made another 75 biscuits on Saturday. Got rained on & ruined.

View attachment 758320
It always hurts your feelings when that happens , but it's just a part of hay growing , weathermen are the only people that I know who can consistently get it wrong on a regular basis and keep a job.