Whistle 3 pet tracker

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #11  
But will the Dog now die of Cancer, on account of RF exposure?

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #12  
Unless they changed, review your agreement carefully. They were one of those "auto renewal" outfits that I despise.

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #13  
we got a couple of these. No monthly, but our cell service (especially on the dog that's 3" from the ground) is so spotty they're iffy. They're AT&T. The battery lasts like a day. app doesn't quite work like I think it should (get a notification that they're outside of home range, go to the map to see where they are, and it doesn't always show anything for a while....why not, it knew they were outside of home range).

Nuzzle GPS Pet Tracking Collar & App for Dogs & Cats - Nuzzle

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #14  
we got a couple of these. No monthly, but our cell service (especially on the dog that's 3" from the ground) is so spotty they're iffy. They're AT&T. The battery lasts like a day. app doesn't quite work like I think it should (get a notification that they're outside of home range, go to the map to see where they are, and it doesn't always show anything for a while....why not, it knew they were outside of home range).

Nuzzle GPS Pet Tracking Collar & App for Dogs & Cats - Nuzzle

Soooo, you aren't recommending this one or....???

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #15  
Soooo, you aren't recommending this one or....???
Good question.. it has helped, but with my crummy signal, I'm just not sure. It's a non-monthly fee option, with caveats that might just be "my problem".

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker
That's my thought for going with a subscription service.

Devices that communicate with each other independently, are limited by their own internal antenna strength. And that's affected by too many variables.

The subscription services use the cellular network. I'm not too naive to think that is free. But less than $100 a year, to go without the frustration of limited range...may well be worth the price for the piece of mind that if the dogs decide to bolt....I can know exactly where they are without worry or frustration. But that's IF it works like they "say" it does. Hence why I was looking for some real world testimony