Whistle 3 pet tracker

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Anyone have this one? Just wondering how good it is and your thoughts. Or if there is anything better out there

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #2  
Look at the Marco Polo pet tracker. A bit expensive but no satellite tracking needed. Look on YouTube. They use them for finding lost drones too.

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker
Look at the Marco Polo pet tracker. A bit expensive but no satellite tracking needed. Look on YouTube. They use them for finding lost drones too.

I have a Marco Polo. I wouldn't advise anyone to waste their money on that.

They claim a 2-mile range. But that works just like the little 2-way radios that make the same claim, where you get more than 400-500 yds away and it's garbled.

The Marco Polo also don't use a map. It's simply an arrow...pointing in the direction of the dog....with a 0-100% signal strength which is supposed to indicate approximate distance.

Well, I have a corn field 100yds behind my house, and fields all around.

Dog was less than 200 yds away (100yds in the corn) and I only had a 7% signal.

I don't mind paying the $7 or $8 a month to access cellular network, and give a "real" Google map with the location.

The collars on the Marco polos also lasted less than 2 days on a charge.

Just wanting something that I can whip out my phone, pull up a map, and see a dot where my do is.

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #4  
LD1

We use Whistle now for 5-6 years. It works well. some times the location of "me" bounces a round. Now if I could have it deploy an anchor! so I could catch him.

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker
LD1

We use Whistle now for 5-6 years. It works well. some times the location of "me" bounces a round. Now if I could have it deploy an anchor! so I could catch him.

Is it actually like pulling up a google map with a pinpoint location of the dog? Not some cheesy generic thing like marco-polo?

I am in an area with real good cell service

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #6  
I would like something for my lady friends cat. But don't want any monthly charge.

As for the radios. You guys must have cheap ones. The various walkie talkies sold here boast up to a 40KM range!

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #7  
Is it actually like pulling up a google map with a pinpoint location of the dog? Not some cheesy generic thing like marco-polo?

I am in an area with real good cell service

https://www.whistle.com/how-whistle-3-works/

Appears to do that and also their history (where they went that day). Interested in something myself but not sure about the $6-7 per month. Maybe...

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #8  
That looks pretty impressive. Shows their history, sends alerts if they leave your area, and 7 day battery with a phone alert when low. The ultimate 'big brother' to dogs everywhere. :)

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker #9  
I checked it out. Would be great if it worked w Verizon, but unfortunately its GSM only. AT&T in my area is sketchy. :irked:

/ Whistle 3 pet tracker
That looks pretty impressive. Shows their history, sends alerts if they leave your area, and 7 day battery with a phone alert when low. The ultimate 'big brother' to dogs everywhere. :)

Read the same.

Hoping it lives up to their hype. I ordered 2.

$100 per month is heap insurance for keeping track of dogs