Which top link for a M 6800?

/ Which top link for a M 6800? #1  

HCJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 4WD
I know hydraulic top links are discussed frequently, but before I order mine from CCM, just wondered if anyone else has installed one on a M 6800. I believe I need a Cat I 18" to 26.5" cylinder. Does that sound right? That seems to fit my range of motion. Even though my tractor is 68 horsepower, the top pin is only 3/4", so I guess that rules out a Cat II. Has anyone mounted one on this tractor? If so, I would love to see pictures of the hydraulic couplings. Thanks!

/ Which top link for a M 6800? #2  
Surplus Center has two Cat 1 hydraulic top-links that are identical to CCM's.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009073000401409&item=9-7682-08&catname=hydraulic

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009073000401409&item=9-7682-11&catname=hydraulic

Surplus Center does NOT have Cat 2 top-links like CCM does.

To pick out the one you need, take your current top-link and retract it in all the way and measure pin center-to-center. Then extend it all the way and re-measure. Find the cylinder that comes closest to matching your existing top-link.

I have the 11" Surplus Center unit. I just wish they had one with the double-piloted-check-vales on a 1.5" bore cylinder. The 2" one just barely rubs my remotes.

The only reason I went with Surplus Center is that CCM was in the middle of hay season, and couldn't square me away. Hay equipment is their primary business.

/ Which top link for a M 6800? #3  
I know hydraulic top links are discussed frequently, but before I order mine from CCM, just wondered if anyone else has installed one on a M 6800. I believe I need a Cat I 18" to 26.5" cylinder. Does that sound right? That seems to fit my range of motion. Even though my tractor is 68 horsepower, the top pin is only 3/4", so I guess that rules out a Cat II. Has anyone mounted one on this tractor? If so, I would love to see pictures of the hydraulic couplings. Thanks!

Either get a cat 2 top link and put a bushing in it for your 3/4" pin, or look on EBAY for a top link that already has the 3/4" and 1" holes. There are several tractors that have the cat 1-2 holes in their top links. If it were me, I would get a 3" bore, but no smaller than 2 1/2" bore, but that is just me. ;)