which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s #111  
Have no fear of Iseki engines, they are as reliable as any Yanmar or Kubota engine, they have been making them for many years, I think they may have started out in Bolens tractors a while back..
10-4 (agree to a point) they seem to be a reliable little engine, but I was expecting a little more giddy up than I got. I always had trouble starting in real cold weather. (Maybe I had a bad glow plug from the get go or something). I always ran the tractor with the side panels off in the summer time. Seemed like the engine ran cooler. But back to reliability, the little engine seem to be a reliable and durable engine.

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s
Have no fear of Iseki engines, they are as reliable as any Yanmar or Kubota engine, they have been making them for many years, I think they may have started out in Bolens tractors a while back..

I've already satisfied the concerns i had in regards to the engines. I have a sears top of the line lawn mower fifteen years old, well beaten, runs perfect with a 24hp briggs sleeved engine. I have used this as a tractor hauling small loaded trailers pulverizes blackberries and many others things never needing more power. Even use it as a lawn mower. This thing is so handy because of its small size that when i saw the first bx kubo I knew i had to have a real tiny tractor. The 24hp briggs gaser has never loaded up the engine takes all in stride. I hve had that little guy tangled in blackberries so bad it could not break free just to light.

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s #113  
Seat time....something i have failed to do. But i have examined JD MF NH Kubota very closely and the MF always leaves me with the impression it is built far stronger than the others, built like a tank. If you take a look at the subframe assembly on the little MF's you will notice it is much more robust and better secured than on the competition. That what i did today after work went and got under all three after reading of NH's breaking in half at the motor transmission mounting point. Kubotas are the only little guys that don't need a third funtion valve added for front loader hydraulic accessories lie aa grapple according to the MF Kubota dealer i was at today.

I know it was mentioned that the Massey Ferguson GC1700 series is strong build with a better frame. Can you please explain in more detail what was better. Because better is very general and trying to understand more detailed.

I have look at pretty much all of the sub compact tractors. the JD 1025r, Kubota BX23S, LS MT125, Mahindra emax 20S. I have been to a few county fairs to compare tractors but was unable to compare all of the tractors at the same fair. Overall from what I have see I would put them in order of weaker build to best. Mahindra, Kubota and LS tied, Massey Ferguson, John Deere 1025R. when I was looking at the loader arms and attachment the JD seems to have the largest size steel tubes and attachments. I did measure the frame height of the JD and Kubota and they were about the same. I have only see then Massey Ferguson twice at a dealer and do not have a dealer near buy. The one thing I liked about the JD for the loader pins is that they have supports on each side, the Massey Ferguson does not.

I am curious about the Massey Ferguson what you like, was there more welds, thicker steel, more bolts what was more impressive with the build quality?

I know all of the small differences feature wise and I have been lately looking at build quality so curious what your others have seen why the Massey is better built in your opinion.

I know it was mentioned that the Massey Ferguson GC1700 series is strong build with a better frame. Can you please explain in more detail what was better. Because better is very general and trying to understand more detailed.

I have look at pretty much all of the sub compact tractors. the JD 1025r, Kubota BX23S, LS MT125, Mahindra emax 20S. I have been to a few county fairs to compare tractors but was unable to compare all of the tractors at the same fair. Overall from what I have see I would put them in order of weaker build to best. Mahindra, Kubota and LS tied, Massey Ferguson, John Deere 1025R. when I was looking at the loader arms and attachment the JD seems to have the largest size steel tubes and attachments. I did measure the frame height of the JD and Kubota and they were about the same. I have only see then Massey Ferguson twice at a dealer and do not have a dealer near buy. The one thing I liked about the JD for the loader pins is that they have supports on each side, the Massey Ferguson does not.

I am curious about the Massey Ferguson what you like, was there more welds, thicker steel, more bolts what was more impressive with the build quality?

I know all of the small differences feature wise and I have been lately looking at build quality so curious what your others have seen why the Massey is better built in your opinion.

I liked the control locations and an on dash gas gauge. The MF seemed to have a more robust sub frame also. I also liked the fact it had a metal hood. what I didn't like was no quick connect bucket or BH. When the smoke cleared I ended ordering a JD1025r because if you buy a FILB the price is almost the same as the MF but it comes with quick connect and a bigger engine even though the hp is the almost the same. I hope I haven't made a mistake. But the truth is they are all good tractors and both JD and MF are Amnerican companies. I do not buy eastern pacific rim if I can avoid it so Kubota was not an option for me. It also has a teeny tiny motor and only one cylinder to operate the loader all the rest have two which gives better support for the bucket

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s #115  
I liked the control locations and an on dash gas gauge. The MF seemed to have a more robust sub frame also. I also liked the fact it had a metal hood. what I didn't like was no quick connect bucket or BH. When the smoke cleared I ended ordering a JD1025r because if you buy a FILB the price is almost the same as the MF but it comes with quick connect and a bigger engine even though the hp is the almost the same. I hope I haven't made a mistake. But the truth is they are all good tractors and both JD and MF are Amnerican companies. I do not buy eastern pacific rim if I can avoid it so Kubota was not an option for me. It also has a teeny tiny motor and only one cylinder to operate the loader all the rest have two which gives better support for the bucket

IMO, you didn稚 make a mistake.. I installed a work saver SSQA on GC. The Deere is good machine..

They are both great machines I think the MF may be stronger no plastic for one but by the time I added options to equal the deer it was more money. Deere offered me 0 down 0 interest for seven years so I went for it. To good a deal to pass up they are both great machines.

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s #117  
Stussy1035,

The definition of "better built" comes in several ways regarding the Massey GC1700 series. Here are some specifics I feel about the GC1720 or GC1715:

1. The GC1720 can have both the back hoe on and the 3pt. so there is no take hoe off and then install 3pt. And no added cost for the 3pt. (included).

2. The GC1715 and GC1720 have seats that are both coil and spring - offering a smoother ride than just coils under the seat. By the way - quality and durability of the seat is exceptional whether stored outside or inside.

3. FEL (DL95) has a considerable payload possible compared to prior. Compare the ACTUAL lift capability of the DL95. I did testing a couple years ago and my PAYLOAD lift to 3 feet was well over 800 lbs.

4. Turning radius is tight (very little different than a BX1870 when I tested - and that BX model is the smallest scut I know of) and sidehill handling with the GC1700s with turf tires is excellent.

5. Weight distribution is low.

6. I can't say for the other choices - but my mmm choice is a true mulcher and built very quality and has no side exhausts. Everybody else I know of uses a mulching kit option to a normal deck - which doesn't have the same baffling benefits as the Massey 2615 product.

7. Engine and frame/transmission etc all built by Iseki. the only non-Iseki items I know of are the fel and and back hoe.

8. Forward cooling instead of rear cooling - means no dirt on operator and less dirt in engine area. In addition - engine temperature under all conditions stay cool.

9. Hydro hoses are quality and well protected in the Fel channel arms.

10. Grease fitting locations and plates keeps greasing easier and cleaner.

11. Wonderful quick attach options available from an OEM. Lighter - stronger - easier to use. All the qa units on others I have seen I have not liked.

12. Solid metal in engine cover and good grill setup.

13. I could keep going - like ease of oil changes, easy fueling, access to engine, everything is "smoothly" shaped and designed and not clunky. etc. etc.

jmho

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s #118  
Good write up and why I opted for the GC..

Stussy1035,

The definition of "better built" comes in several ways regarding the Massey GC1700 series. Here are some specifics I feel about the GC1720 or GC1715:

1. The GC1720 can have both the back hoe on and the 3pt. so there is no take hoe off and then install 3pt. And no added cost for the 3pt. (included).

2. The GC1715 and GC1720 have seats that are both coil and spring - offering a smoother ride than just coils under the seat. By the way - quality and durability of the seat is exceptional whether stored outside or inside.

3. FEL (DL95) has a considerable payload possible compared to prior. Compare the ACTUAL lift capability of the DL95. I did testing a couple years ago and my PAYLOAD lift to 3 feet was well over 800 lbs.

4. Turning radius is tight (very little different than a BX1870 when I tested - and that BX model is the smallest scut I know of) and sidehill handling with the GC1700s with turf tires is excellent.

5. Weight distribution is low.

6. I can't say for the other choices - but my mmm choice is a true mulcher and built very quality and has no side exhausts. Everybody else I know of uses a mulching kit option to a normal deck - which doesn't have the same baffling benefits as the Massey 2615 product.

7. Engine and frame/transmission etc all built by Iseki. the only non-Iseki items I know of are the fel and and back hoe.

8. Forward cooling instead of rear cooling - means no dirt on operator and less dirt in engine area. In addition - engine temperature under all conditions stay cool.

9. Hydro hoses are quality and well protected in the Fel channel arms.

10. Grease fitting locations and plates keeps greasing easier and cleaner.

11. Wonderful quick attach options available from an OEM. Lighter - stronger - easier to use. All the qa units on others I have seen I have not liked.

12. Solid metal in engine cover and good grill setup.

13. I could keep going - like ease of oil changes, easy fueling, access to engine, everything is "smoothly" shaped and designed and not clunky. etc. etc.

jmho

yes, reading your post reminded me of a couple of other things I had forgotten to mention that helped me decide that the MF was a better built baby tractor than the competition. Was a toss up for me but the free financing and quick connect plus dual seats got me to go with the deere. I definitely did like the kubotas single hydraulic cylinder for the loader a serious weak point under certain conditions with an uneven load.
Good post thanks..

/ which one, JD 1025R or MF GC1720 or MF 1526 with woods backhoe or NH25s #120  
I definitely did like the kubotas single hydraulic cylinder for the loader a serious weak point under certain conditions with an uneven load.
Good post thanks..

better call the manufacturer of every payloader and let them know.

4713.jpg