Which Kubota

/ Which Kubota #21  
Wurso,

On my hard side cab the rear window is not removable. You can't open it either. This my be specific to my cab model. You may what to talk to Curtis directly. One thing I think I will have to do for winter is put another fan for the rear window. I will have to see how that works. I may also put some mini fans in for the side windows.

Rowski

/ Which Kubota #22  
Wurso,
A few months back I remember wearing the shoes you now have on. I just got my 2710 in June after about a year of on and off searching, driving, pricing etc. You seem to know what it is you want in a tractor and attachments so I will leave that subject alone. All I can vouch for is that my 2710 is one hell of a tractor for the money. It hasn't stopped at anything that I have asked it to do.
I purchased mine from Modern Equipment in Tenn. (800-540-1704 Steve Bowman). They handled everything from putting together the package that I wanted to Kubota financing and finally the shipping. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
The guys at Carver are great people but they couldn't come near the price I paid. As for service, (if you need it) warranty is warranty. I have a local dealer that would be happy to handle any warranty work that is required. I may take the number 2 ticket behind one of their customers but that's ok...they will still do the work.
Good luck with your decision
Dale

/ Which Kubota
Dale,

I sincerely appreciate the tip. Based upon your suggestion, I just sent a spec sheet to tractorsmart.com (Modern Equipment of Tenn.). I genuinely want to find the best deal. Let's see what they have to say. I'd prefer dealing with a local dealer, and I recognize that sometimes the 'best deal' is quite a different concept than the 'best price'. Nonetheless, the more info that I have, the better off I'll be.

Thanks again!
--Wayne

/ Which Kubota #24  
Wayne,

I found two ideas from this board in the past year which I felt were creative when trying to "close the gap" in pricing:

1. one member wrote that when the dealer couldn't lower the price any further on the tractor they included the 50 hour service. Have them include pick-up and delivery. I did my own 50 hour service just the way the manual calls out and it cost me $270 for parts and fluid.

2. another member wrote that he negotiated a discount on all future purchases of tractor impliments, attachments, options made during the 12 months after he bought his tractor.

Good luck with your shopping.

Kevin

/ Which Kubota
Kevin,

Thanks for some terrific ideas! I sincerely appreciate your effort.

--Wayne

/ Which Kubota #26  
May I suggest a tractor capable of all your requirements but one thing, it is a GST which takes about 1 day longer to learn than an HST. A tractor I would highly recommend is an L35 kubota. Hard Cabs are available in this modle and can be easily removed in the summer. The bakchoe on this tractor is just a step below commercial rigs and the loader aint to shabby as well. PLowing can be easily accomplished with a grader blade and the L35 has an oustanding pump- 17GPM. 6' mowers easily will fit on this machine. It is great around the house tractor and it is well worth the money.

Good Luck!

/ Which Kubota
Dear Kubota-Monkey,

Thanks for your suggestion. When I get a spare minite or two, I'll definitely look over the specs for this super'chine.

Thanks again,
--Wayne

/ Which Kubota #28  
wurso,

I like yourself am a cautious shopper I do reasearch to the point that I drive my wife crazy. I have been to about 30 diffrent dealers and every web site I can find. ( I travel all over New England doing service, as a matter of fact I do service for Tillotson Health in the Balsams complex)

The reason I asked you what dealers you talked to is that I have talked to every dealer for Kubota in NH an a lot of the other brands and I must say the majority of attitudes has been arrogant. I am desperately trying to find a local dealer that will cut through the crap and sell me a tractor. I have two possible dealers but getting a straight answer is like pulling teeth from any of them. I wish they would just say I need to make 2000.00 on this tractor to stay in business, show me their cost and let me go on my merry way and decide if they are worthy of my business.

After talking with Carver and other web dealers I am tempted to go south. New England is on the cutting edge in a great deal of technological areas but not in sales for tractors. I talked with Steve Carver on the Phone for two hours one night he really knows his business and treats you with respect (Kubota should hire him to do seminars for all its dealers) If he were in NH I would own a Kubota today.

/ Which Kubota #29  
Rowski,

Hay you ever heard of Rozelle Cosmetics in the deep woods of VT ? I go there a few times a year for service work . Are you any where near them ? Definately Gods Country!! (till all the Yuppies take over)

PS Dont hit Volvos with that tractor /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Which Kubota #30  
stvman,

How deep in are they /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. The name rings a bell. What town are the in or near. Funny you say that about the volvo, one almost backed into my car today!

Rowski