which insurance plan to chose ?

/ which insurance plan to chose ? #31  
If your employer is footing the bill for your healthcare insurance coverage and you find the coverage adequate, you wouldn't have to pay the Medicare premium or pay for a supplement until you go off your employer's plan.

My wife's employer offers health care insurance that supposedly covers spouses. They had no clue what their insurance coverage actually was for people 65 and older, however. Her employer referred me to their carrier who didn't even bother to answer me when I asked them to tell me what their coverage actually was. Instead, they transferred my call to someone in their medicare supplement area who tried to sell me one of their supplement policies to which I replied that if they couldn't tell me what the employer plan covered, I wasn't interested in their supplement policy.

My recommendation to you would be to try to get satisfactory confirmation from your employer as to what coverage you would have after 65. Some employers will have an HR department that will immediately be able to help you with your questions.
If you choose to delay Pt B. enrollment, your employer insurance co should issue you a letter informing you that the insurance is "Creditable.Coverage" for Medicare purposes. I am sure it will be, but when you go to enroll into Pt b at a later age, you will be asked to provide that information to avoid the late enrollment penality for Pt. b.

Also, you may want to read Post #20. Thanks.

/ which insurance plan to chose ? #32  
When I started looking into this I quickly realized that Medicare is basically a bankruptcy plan by itself. Looked at a lot of options and went with AARP UHC plan N. Was pretty low priced in the first year and goes up gradually afterward. Still at full price it was some cheaper than most. Plan N pretty much dictates coverage for any ins. company coverage. Billing though Medicare and the UHC gap is a real screwed up mess, seems to take forever and the spread between billed, approved, and final pay costs is shocking, but in the end it pays as it should. I'm surprised that most medical facilities even accept Medicare these days.

/ which insurance plan to chose ? #33  
When I started looking into this I quickly realized that Medicare is basically a bankruptcy plan by itself. Looked at a lot of options and went with AARP UHC plan N. Was pretty low priced in the first year and goes up gradually afterward. Still at full price it was some cheaper than most. Plan N pretty much dictates coverage for any ins. company coverage. Billing though Medicare and the UHC gap is a real screwed up mess, seems to take forever and the spread between billed, approved, and final pay costs is shocking, but in the end it pays as it should. I'm surprised that most medical facilities even accept Medicare these days.
Not just Medicare. When I met my wife she was self employed and used AARP/UHC for regular health insurance because it was reasonably affordable. All in all a rather crappy policy...it didn't cover much, and what it did cover was handled very slowly.

/ which insurance plan to chose ?
I'm leaning toward plan N from Humana .
I looked at AARP N Plan, and it was about $25.00 per mo. higher than Humana @ $94.00 per mo
Looking like the Humana Part D is going to be the lowest cost on my end as well @ $34.00 per mo.

Plan G in my area was $144.00 per mo with Humana But I'm in pretty good shape and don't go to the doc enough to make up the difference in cost over N plan

There are so many people on Medicare, if these places didn't accept it, they would go out of business ! LOL
My GF works in healthcare and she says most of her patients are on MC !