Which 3rd function to many conflicting results

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #1  

skindaddy

Bronze Member
Tractor
L2501
I think we are about to close the deal on a L2501 with a likely Ansung backhoe this week ( most reviews seem good for bh and save 2k over bh77 idk)

and want a 3rd function haven't been keeping up here in a long time, it used to be aftermarket was better than Kubota.
Now It seems 50/50 for Kubota ( steel lines) or land pride?
Yes back thought there was one by something iron idk.
I guess biggest thing is I don't care just want to function the best. For some brand of grapple which I still need choose that too. Looking like land pride for that right now.

Last edited:
   / Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #2  
Skin - I believe the L2501 does not come with the frame brace for four point connection of the back hoe - UNLESS you get the back hoe. It seems to be well recognized by manufacturers, that a 3 point back hoe should not be put on a tractor, for risk of breaking the frame. Is the plumbing for the Ansung well incorporated in the L2501 ?
Two grand difference strikes me as inconsequential, to get the package all put together by the manufacturer.
Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #3  
I had a little 3pt point mounted backhoe with just a sort of afterthought tubular stop that they called a frame mount.
It looked like a toy but it wasn't - only dug to about six feet and had a PTO pump for the hydraulics. But it could tear up a 3pt and tractor rear end as easily as snap your fingers.

I bought it from a guy who made me promise never to come back on him about it.
I used that tiny hoe for a couple of years on a 6500 lb category II farm tractor with a 3pt so big and heavy that the hoe only did minimal damage to a tractor. But more than once it got in a bind and jumped so hard it could have killed someone.
One damn scary piece of equipment. Please be careful.
rScotty

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results
No both the backhoes bh77 and Ansung are subframe mounted we have a b7800 with the three point now and won't do that again

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #5  
W.R. Long makes very popular 3rd function kits as well.
Good Luck!

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #6  
W.R. Long 3rd function and Everything Attachments grapple.
Call Travis at EA, he will get you fixed up.

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #7  
The aftermarket (even subframe) hoes kill the resale value IMO. And if you ever do have issues with the tractor its too easy for kubota to point the finger elsewhere. IMO, the $2k extra for the hoe that kubota matches and specs for the machine is worth it.

As to the 3rd....functionally they will both be the same, They will both open and close a grapple, or angle a snowplow just the same. The most important part is ergonomics. Mount the switch or a lever where it is comfortable to operate

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #8  
The aftermarket (even subframe) hoes kill the resale value IMO. And if you ever do have issues with the tractor its too easy for kubota to point the finger elsewhere. IMO, the $2k extra for the hoe that kubota matches and specs for the machine is worth it.

As to the 3rd....functionally they will both be the same, They will both open and close a grapple, or angle a snowplow just the same. The most important part is ergonomics. Mount the switch or a lever where it is comfortable to operate

Get the by 77 don’t be a cheapskate the aftermarket will kill resale and the bh77 is made for your machine by the manufacturer of your machine

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #9  
Skin - I believe the L2501 does not come with the frame brace for four point connection of the back hoe - UNLESS you get the back hoe. It seems to be well recognized by manufacturers, that a 3 point back hoe should not be put on a tractor, for risk of breaking the frame. Is the plumbing for the Ansung well incorporated in the L2501 ?
Two grand difference strikes me as inconsequential, to get the package all put together by the manufacturer.
Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

And I'd have the same thoughts concerning 3rd function. In the total cost of the machine the difference between an aftermarket hoe versus Kubota and an aftermarket 3rd function versus Kubota is insignificant.

/ Which 3rd function to many conflicting results #10  
Make sure it's a true third function and not a diveter type .Again go with Kubota's.

Last edited: