Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Where NOT to clear snow!

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob:

Isn't that where they filmed "Grumpy Old Men"?? )</font>

LOL that would be a good photo op:

I remember some of the guys spoke about how they would move the ice houses a few feet so the door was right over the hole as you stepped in for a day/night of fishing the old hole was right at the door opening... least to say there were probably a few moments just like that movie! lol

Mark /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #32  
I think the best part of the movie is where Walter Matthau puts the fish behind the back seat of Jack Lemmon's IH. I know that smell well. Just like the fish market when I was young.

I always wanted to try the Limburger cheese trick on the exhaust manifold. "Hold your nose" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #33  
The fish behind the seat works better in summer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #34  
It should be crowded again this weekend - I will get some pictures.

I think Grumpy Old Men was filmed on some other lake.

- Rick

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #35  
Mossy:

It works if the heater is on high too. You do that when your circulation is getting poor like me. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I think we should have a forum here reserved just for old guys like us. It should be titled "dirty old men" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #36  
I had a friend that use to go ice fishing a lot. One day his bucket turned over in the trunk of his car. He thought he found all the fish, but one fell into that little pocket between the trunk deck and the fender(remember those?). Well, it was fine all winter, but come spring when things started heating up, that old bluegill almost ruined that car for good! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #37  
MossRoad:

Sorry about the belated reply, I was off snowmobiling in the north.

I always wanted to try the Limburger cheese routine on a unsuspecting "friend".

I have shoved a potato up an exhaust pipe with a broomstick. Makes it real hard to start your car. I did it to a DNR officer that wrote me a ticket a few years ago. He had to have his pickup truck towed and I laughed in his face.

/ Where NOT to clear snow! #38  
The guy who was living out front of my house has finally moved - either the spot was fished out or he made up with his wife.

Somebody plowed a road along the shoreline on the left.

I think fishing season is officially over now and the ice fishing houses have to be removed by the end of February.

No airplanes that day, but a couple of snowmobilers zooming along the path where the planes landed the previous weekend.

Some trucks parked at the ice houses on the other side.

- Rick

Attachments

• 379527-DSCF0025.JPG
    379527-DSCF0025.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 261
   / Where NOT to clear snow! #39  
A more crowded portion of the lake. This little bay is actually maybe 40 feet deep and has the clearest spring-fed water in the summer.

I didn't get a chance to drive over to the largest section of the lake to take a picture, but imagine an area about ten times this size with about the same density of ice-fishing houses.

- Rick

Attachments

• 379528-DSCF0028.jpg
    379528-DSCF0028.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 199
   / Where NOT to clear snow! #40  
A similar angle to the first photo, but slightly warmer day earlier this year.

- Rick

Attachments

• 379530-summer.jpg
    379530-summer.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 218