Where is 2638 made?

/ Where is 2638 made? #1  

TomIre

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 3725
Anyone know where / who makes the 2638? I.E. TYM, Mitsubishi, etc.

/ Where is 2638 made?
Thanks. Did a bunch of Googling and couldn't find it.

/ Where is 2638 made? #4  
All the 2500 & 2600 series machines are made by TYM. You will get more for your money if you just buy a TYM. But then there are other issues that have to be considered.

I personally would go with the Kioti and I own 2 Mahindras.

/ Where is 2638 made?
Just the man I need to talk with! I'm between a CK 3510 and a Mahindra 2638. Pretty much settled on the Mahindra but would love to get your thoughts.

/ Where is 2638 made? #6  
Just the man I need to talk with! I'm between a CK 3510 and a Mahindra 2638. Pretty much settled on the Mahindra but would love to get your thoughts.

Look at the 3pt hitch. Various problems with how it is designed. Get the dealer to install a quick hitch, then operate full range of motion with the top link in each pin location. Adjust the top & side links to there max adjustments collapsed and extended. You will then see what I mean.

Does it work, sure, but with limitations. If those limitations won't affect you, GREAT. :thumbsup:

/ Where is 2638 made?
Thanks. I'll take look. I will say that the Kioti's 3 pt hitch adjustment mechanism is brilliant.
Glad that's the "only" thing that concerns you.

/ Where is 2638 made? #8  
Thanks. I'll take look. I will say that the Kioti's 3 pt hitch adjustment mechanism is brilliant.
Glad that's the "only" thing that concerns you.

It's not the only thing, but it's the show stopper for me with that model. :thumbdown:

NONE of them are perfect. There are compromises with all of them.

Just the way it is. ;)

/ Where is 2638 made? #9  
I was between Mahindra and Kioti as well. The most important factor was that I have three Mahindra dealers (with full service centers) all within an hour of me but the Kioti dealers were both over an hour away. I also like that the Mahindra doesn't have DPF so no regen cycles.

/ Where is 2638 made? #10  
Anyone know where / who makes the 2638? I.E. TYM, Mitsubishi, etc.

TYM in Korea makes the budget end 2500 and 2600 models. The upscale 1500 & 1600 stuff is made by Mitsubishi in Japan. Both use the same Mahindra engines. I don't know who makes the accessories for the 25 and 2600 stuff but KMW (Kansas Machine Works) makes the loaders and backhoes for the upscale 15 & 1600 models right here in the good ole USA. Tires, accessories etc. are put on by the Mahinda distribution centers throughout the US. West Coast distribution is located in Olivehurst, CA and is part of the Beeler Tractor organization.