where do you store your tractor - inside or out?

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #11  
I keep mine in a shed at my home, however, when I had a large tractor/loader at our tree farm, it was too big to bring home so I left it outside. It had a cab, so the operator's station kept dry. In the fall, after all chores were done, I'd build a 2x4 frame around it and put a tarp over it for the winter, after winterizing the fluids, removing the battery, etc... looking back on it, if I had to do it again, I would have built at least a roof to drive it under and tarp the sides as needed.

One note about tarps... they keep water out, but they also hold condensation in. Sometimes it "rains" on your tractor from the inside! ;)

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #13  
I put up a 18x21x9 Carolina carport almost a yr ago for my tractors. It was around $1300 plus the gravel I put in on. I'm in the process of enclosing it in now.

tractors2.jpgtractors.jpg

Depending on the size of your shed, I would look at adding a lean-to off the side or expanding your shed.

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #14  
I put up a 18x21x9 Carolina carport almost a yr ago for my tractors. It was around $1300 plus the gravel I put in on. I'm in the process of enclosing it in now.

View attachment 395170View attachment 395171

Depending on the size of your shed, I would look at adding a lean-to off the side or expanding your shed.

Nice looking carport. Good price, too. :thumbsup:

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #15  
Are you crazy, wife's 2014 Kia sets outside if needed. 2006 Kioti 45 stays under cover or in shop every night unless impossible .
Just kidding !!!!!!

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #16  
How about using a used marine container.
They're water and air tight and makes for cheap storage.
I kept my tractor in a 8'x 40'x8' high for many years before being able to afford a real 40 x 60 shop/shed.
My cost was 3000$ delivered

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #17  
I bought the tractor based on the door size of the garage! Nice to have a dry seat, without a layer of ice this time of year.

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #18  
Had a lean-to (attached to shed) at my old house for the tractor. Worked just fine to keep the sun and weather off the tractor. Would do that again if I needed to.

When we moved to our new house, my tractor stayed outside for about a year until a new barn was built (actually, the old tractor was outside for 6 months and the new one outside for 6 months). I didn't use a tarp because I think they can be just as bad at trapping moisture as they would be to protect from rain. The only downsides were a wet seat now and then, and dealing with pine needles/leaves/etc.

I did tarp when snowstorms were coming though, so that I could easily get out to plow without having to spend a lot of time cleaning snow off the tractor. Let me tell you though, it's a pain to tarp it right when you know it's going to be windy and a lot of snow drops. No matter what I did, heavy snow would really "shrink wrap" the tarp over the tractor.

Now with a bigger barn, it's awesome. Always have a dry seat and Iike knowing the tractor is protected from weather and out of sight.

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #19  
I put a plywood rip over the seat and steering wheel. I put a 6x8' tarp over that and tie it at the corners. It protects the operator's station and fuel filler. I just brush the snow off the cover and hood and I'm good to go. Works well.

/ where do you store your tractor - inside or out? #20  
I have a Shelter Logic portable SUV garage I keep the tractor in with the door always open. My only problem is trying to get the cats to clean their feet before jumping on the hood.