Where do you store your filled fuel containers?

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #11  
My diesel is stored in 5 gallon cans in unheated shed, most are plastic and a few are steel, I’ve never experienced any moisture issues but after reading about others having problems I did start adding Power Service in the white bottle this winter. 1 quart bottle is supposed to treat 100 gallons of diesel so my $9 investment won’t get all used up this winter.

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #12  
Store diesel in outside 200 gallon tank. In the barn store 5 gallon gas cans and other combustible liquids in a steel fire proof cabinet.

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #13  
Like your whole entire post. I just want to add emphasis on the block heater. Cranking a warm engine is so much better. Plus greatly reduces wear.
Bingo. (y)

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #14  
I store my diesel, 10 gallons or less, 5 gallons of gas and 2 gallons of two stroke gas in a heated garage that is about 250 from the house. I also run a dehumidifier in there.

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #15  
I would love one of those, but then I either have to figure out delivery or get pallet forks to lift it.

Fuel delivery often has a minimum quantity that they will deliver, around here they won't deliver less than 200 gallons.

If your containers are vented they will breathe out as their temperature rises and breathe in as their temperature falls. If they are breathing in moisture laden air you are likely to get condensation.

I found that out when I stored a mostly used 5 gallon container of tractor fluid with a bucket pump that has a steel lid on top. It does not seal the container. When I went to use it there was water in the oil. My barn does not get nearly as cold as your shop but it can be damp in there in the winter.

Newer containers are specifically not supposed to be vented as the EPA prohibited vented cans in 2009.

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #16  
I have diesel fuel in five gallon Jerry cans. Gasoline in five gallon plastic jugs. Everything is up off the ground on wood pallets. It's all stored in an unheated, totally enclosed, bay in my carport. Both fuels are always treated. I've never had problems with diesel jelling or water in either fuels.

I ALWAYS ensure all my vehicles have totally fuel tanks when I finish a job. NEVER leave a vehicle with a partially full fuel tank.

A little prevention goes a looooong ways.

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #17  
i store my 5 gal containers of treated diesel & non ethanol fuel under cover away from cabin & usually keep tractor filled above 3/4. i circulate fairly often, think that's the key in this discussion. sometimes simple is better than overthinking. regards

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #18  
I keep 10 gallons of diesel and 3 gallons of gas on hand usually in my uninsulated shop. I Have my tractors and other gas powered engines in there also. I have an attached garage that stays warmer in winter. I would worry about the cans in the garage being full. But I wonder if the cold(-20F) in my shop is bad for fuel. I am not sure there is much condensation happening in the shop. The temperature rarely gets above 32 in there. My attached garage only fluctuates about 8 degrees from 40-48* in winter.

Where and how should I store that stuff to be safe and as fresh as possible. The diesel gets used up in about every 2 weeks, the gas lasts the winter unless I need to run the generator.
do you drain the gas out of cars before you park them in the garage?

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers? #19  
I store all the fuel in the unheated shed. It has a thick concrete floor and the jugs are on wood. I've never had condensation problems.
About what I do. Unheated shed. Jugs are on pallets. No condensation. The shed is a hundred yards away from the house and shop.

/ Where do you store your filled fuel containers?
do you drain the gas out of cars before you park them in the garage?
No, I don’t. but the cars are vented. The cans puff up. But I get it. Probably should worry about gas in garage.