WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS??

/ WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS?? #1  

goatman

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 30
I have reqested # times some advise on Pto problem.. It worked 1 year ago ( says the previous owner) I've no reason to disbelieve him and now that I want to use it I can't get it to come on?? The switch has off turn to R and and gear light comes on on the dash, Put it in one of the 4 speeds and nothing happens.. My machnic is giving up on it due to lack of available info.. Such as electrical diagrams, owners manuals, trouble shooting skill.. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks David /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS?? #2  
Your tractor's PTO setup is very likely the same as those on the 1400 Massey series tractors make by Iseki. The Challenger 200 series is practically identical.

Either of these tractors has decent documentation and if you can match your tractor to an equivalent you should be good to go.

My Challenger's PTO has a mechanical engagement lever to put the PTO into gear and a lever on the dash that energizes the PTO clutch in the transmission. If your setup is the same, it may be as simple as wiring from the dash mounted switch to the transmission. It is a starting point if you have not already checked it 10 times.

Lou Braun

/ WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS?? #3  
Not an expert by any stretch, but my MF 1455v was manufactured by Iseki... On the Massey CUT's there is a lever located above the rear axle housing on the left (facing from the rear) side of the tractor that will allow you to disengage the pto and turn the shaft manually to attach implements. If this lever is disengaged everything up top will indicate "OK" but PTO won't work. You haven't mentioned checking this, and it may be just that simple. I hope so! 'Good luck.

/ WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS?? #4  
did u git it fixed goatman?????
TODD

/ WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS??
No luck yet .. I have ordered service manual and we'll take another look next week.. The mechanic says all the electrical issues and selanoid appear to be right but still no Pto.. thanks for your interest /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERTS?? #6  
can u send us a couple of pics of all the controls ..cockpit area /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
TODD