When was TBN started?

/ When was TBN started? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
When was TBN started? I've looked on the home page, thinking there might be some history or statistics, but didn't see anything. Tried a couple searches, but haven't found a search term that returns anything useful. I joined in 2001, and think I recall seeing some folks with join dates in the 1990s.

/ When was TBN started? #2  
I don't know but with all the traffic on here now could you imagine using dial up..?

/ When was TBN started? #3  
HI John

If you go to members and sort by date Muhammad started TBN in 1998 but really came on line late 99 to early 2000 If I recall there may have been an early version of TBN.

Bird is listed as the first member BTW, and when I joined in April 2002 I was about # 3800. When looking at the data, there are only maybe a hundred or so still active members (more than 50-100 posts) of the first 5000 members.

/ When was TBN started? #4  
March 21, 1998. I was a 14 year old home schooled high schooler and did indeed start the site from my bedroom. I was the first member, not Bird.

There are actually a few members from day 1 still around. We changed software in April of 2000 and there were about 400 members moved over from the old software. So those are the first 400. Among those, 42 are still active which I think is pretty amazing. Also amazing is that two of those 42 have never posted a single message but continue to log in and read the forums.

I really can't remember who was a day 1 member from this list off the top of my head but somewhere in the files I have all posts dating back to day 1. We actually only have posts from April 2000 and forward on this forum. I think there were about 10,000 from prior to that which remained in an archive for several years until nobody was visiting it anymore.

It should also be noted that my older brother Ibrahim has been our sysadmin from day 1. He was 16 when we started.

Screenshot_20200322-071434_Chrome.jpeg

/ When was TBN started? #5  
Fascinating ...

/ When was TBN started? #6  
I joined back in 2001 I think, when I got my first tractor. Was off for a few years and couldn’t log in with my old info, so started a new user id.

Good site - provided me with alot of pertinent information and advice when I needed it.

I think Muhammad and his brother posted more back then; seem to recall seeing their names more often

About - TractorByNet

Last edited:
   / When was TBN started? #7  
Muhammad: You continue to look so youthful! After about three years, marriage ages most of us.

Have you EVER owned a tractor?

/ When was TBN started? #8  
I was a visitor for a period and then jumped in as I had a lot of projects in pipeline in need of a solution.

It is also where I first learned about Kubota subcompact tractor-loader-backhoe.

Many things I could write about but tops would be learning through the discussions about the safe use of tractors and implements.

/ When was TBN started? #9  
March 21, 1998. I was a 14 year old home schooled high schooler and did indeed start the site from my bedroom. I was the first member, not Bird.

Well, I'm disappointed; thought I was first.:laughing::laughing: I cannot remember exactly when I started, but I was looking for information on Kubota tractors, and I had dialup service out in the country in Navarro County. I bought a new B7100HST with FEL for $10,850 on June 29, 1995, then a few years later traded up to the B2710 on August 12, 1999. But I do know that when I started, I used to read EVERYTHING that was posted, and it didn't take all that long.:laughing: And I remember the original name of the site.:laughing: