When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live?

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #31  
I'm in central NY but I do put it off as long as possible and then I probably stop before my neighbors. I also only mow every 2 weeks and cut it at the mower's highest setting.

I started this year on Apr 24 and I think I've done my last mowing about a week ago on Oct 23.This weekend I will get my tractor ready for the winter season.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #32  
In middle Tennessee we start mowing in late February to early March (whenever it stays dry enough to mow) and end in November. Behind my house grows so fast and thick if we let it get too high, I have to bush hog it.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #33  
I start in early April and end in Nov usually. Got 1 more quick cutting to do now and that's only to get the wild garlic (some call them onions) to keep them from snagging leaves in the yard & ditches and letting them build up (I blow leaves into a huge pile to compost). During the season I try to go 10 - 14 days between cuttings but a lot of times it's once a week anymore with all the rain. Used to be we'd start drying-out some in July and certainly by August and could go 2 weeks easily - not so much anymore.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #34  
Generally February through November in northern Alabama with the first and last month (to two months) generally slowing to every other week or once a month. The rest of the mowing season is once or twice a week just to keep things in check.

August may also slow down some depending on the year as it tends to be a drier month.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #35  
Normal year is usually mid May to Late September. Still need to one more cutting. Plus leaf pickup which is normally done by this time of year. Was cutting lawn every 5 days most of the summer. Here is what it looked like yesterday. Grass is still very green.
vckhcfm.jpg
Gah lee that's beautiful grass!

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #36  
Just mowed yesterday.

Attachments

• Oct 31 2021 pasture.jpg
    Oct 31 2021 pasture.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 74
   / When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #37  
Our grass is nearly dormant here now, but I'll mow again in a few days. I always mow several times during the Winter, (1) to mulch the leaves, which I have a lot of, and (2) to make scalping less messy. I lower my deck a little each time, so that by Spring I have the dry stuff cut down to about 2 inches or so. To scalp it once in the Spring, even with the mulcher, results in a lot of dry clippings that get tracked into the house.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #38  
In central south Ohio we start in mid-late March and end around Thanksgiving This year it's been a banner time for grass to grow and need to be cut. We didn't even have a brownout in August and it's just been mow, mow and mow some more. I'm tuckered out.

When do other parts of the country start and stop mowing?
In northern New Mexico, I have two mowing seasons: late April through mid October for irrigated lawn, and July- September for native grass.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #39  
I put the mulching blades on to mulch leaves starting late October but no regular mowing until April.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #40  
Normally would have had a frost to stop mowing. Not so yet here in central Va. Normally start around mid April.