What's your average mpg?

/ What's your average mpg? #101  
I have a clause in my will that no inheritance money is to be spent on lavish vacations, motor vehicles of any kind or boats. If one spend the money on such after inheritance a claw back provision is activate and the money they were supposed to receive divided amongst the other heirs.
I bought a toy that I have enjoyed and would at today's exchange rate more than triple my money. What would I have sitting in the bank invested at 3% after taxes?
You're dead. You still want a reach from the grave?
Round about. I paid for the lavish whatever with my own money. Inherited money is invested. Unless you have the serial numbers from the bills prove it otherwise.
If people are going to F... Up you can't do anything about it.
There's a whole downtown of addicts and homeless to prove it.

/ What's your average mpg? #102  
I bought a toy that I have enjoyed and would at today's exchange rate more than triple my money. What would I have sitting in the bank invested at 3% after taxes?
You're dead. You still want a reach from the grave?
Round about. I paid for the lavish whatever with my own money. Inherited money is invested. Unless you have the serial numbers from the bills prove it otherwise.
If people are going to F... Up you can't do anything about it.
There's a whole downtown of addicts and homeless to prove it.
I have seen a lot of inheritance money blow with the attitude of "Live today because tomorrow you may die" Example I have a nephew who will today not speak to the rest of the family. Know why? When my brother died he inherited over $700,000. He lived in a rented Condo. His first purchase was a Z06 Corvette. He decided that was too hard to get in and out off so he traded for a 500 series Mercedes. Then the costly European Vacations started. Then his land lord decided he was going to sell the Condo. The nephew got mad at the rest of the family because they would not buy it for him. He today lives in a small apartment and people tell us how his is always expressing his hatred for us for not buying him the condo where he lived.

His siblings say he is always telling people that they will not let him borrow any of DADDYS money from them. You know what that means don't you. Since it is DADDYS money he does not have to pay it back.

Last edited:
   / What's your average mpg? #103  
2017 Toyota Tundra: 15
2016 VW Golf R: 20.5

Both are long term averages. Living on a mountain has its disadvantages.
Our Prius has gone through a new set of brake pads every 20-30k; the local dealer said we were one of two owners who had to replace their brake pads at 20k. The other owner lived over your way, also up in the hills...:) I think it is on its third set of rotors. Rotor set #2 was a third party rotor that did not function well.

Still, it averages 45mpg long term, as does our Volt.

The Volt convinced me to never buy another Chevrolet with a computer in it. It has a couple of persistent function impairing software bugs that are not yet patched in a vehicle that is over a decade old. Basically, you can't control the motor function after a few minutes of driving. Stopping, parking, power cycling the vehicle restores the function, for a few minutes. It annoys the living daylights out of me. GM pulling support for CarPlay and Android did not improve my confidence in their ability to code their way out of a paper bag.

Onward and upward...

/ What's your average mpg? #104  
Our Prius has gone through a new set of brake pads every 20-30k; the local dealer said we were one of two owners who had to replace their brake pads at 20k. The other owner lived over your way, also up in the hills...:) I think it is on its third set of rotors. Rotor set #2 was a third party rotor that did not function well.

Still, it averages 45mpg long term, as does our Volt.

The Volt convinced me to never buy another Chevrolet with a computer in it. It has a couple of persistent function impairing software bugs that are not yet patched in a vehicle that is over a decade old. Basically, you can't control the motor function after a few minutes of driving. Stopping, parking, power cycling the vehicle restores the function, for a few minutes. It annoys the living daylights out of me. GM pulling support for CarPlay and Android did not improve my confidence in their ability to code their way out of a paper bag.

Onward and upward...
Coding will not and cannot correct ever stop being a panic stop. I love traffic circles many time I have been in one and see a car coming and not slowing down and then the driver realizes the hood ornament they have been staring at is not the highway. The driver then slams on the brakes and the only thing that stopped the tires from sliding was the ABS anti-lock brake computer program.

/ What's your average mpg? #105  
2007 Toyota Camry - About 23 average on a tank. Not great, the city driving really tanks that average. I consistently get 31 on the highway.

2008 Toyota Tacoma - 19 on the highway. Not sure around town. The only time I check is when I am on a roadtrip.

/ What's your average mpg? #106  
My mileage with my car is good, '09 Fit - 38mpg. The other vehicles not so much, 1953 4104 GMC - 10mpg and 1976 White - 9mpg. Figuring those last two are over 20k empty I would guess that isn't tooooooo bad.

/ What's your average mpg? #107  
I have a cousin with a 2023 Buick Enclave Avenair 3.6L 32/25.

I like the vehicle and asked him what mileage he was getting and his response was less than what they advertised it to be. So I looked it up and found this.

2023 Buick Enclave FWD 6 cyl, 3.6 L, Automatic 9-spd
21 combined city/highway MPG 18 city 26 highway
When I bought the car back in May, the salesman told me the published mileage numbers were very conservative. Turns out, he was right.

I just got back from a trip which was a good mix of city & highway. Here's a pic of the trip mileage register:

IMG_004187.jpg

The 24.4 average may be a bit higher than pure city driving but a good portion of that 50 miles on the register was on city streets.

Of course a lot depends on how & where you drive. I'm easy on the gas and rarely exceed 70mph.

Last edited:
   / What's your average mpg? #108  
Just back from a month long road trip from California to New Orleans in an RV, back by way of Ouray CO and Moab UT so we could play with the jeep we were towing. The one time I checked the mileage along the way we were getting 7mpg.

/ What's your average mpg? #109  
When I bought the car back in May, the salesman told me the published mileage numbers were very conservative. Turns out, he was right.

I just got back from a trip which was a good mix of city & highway. Here's a pic of the trip mileage register:

View attachment 832276

The 24.4 average may be a bit higher than pure city driving but a good portion of that 50 miles on the register was on city streets.

Of course a lot depends on how & where you drive. I'm easy on the gas and rarely exceed 70mph.
I think my cousin is a high speed lead foot individual.

/ What's your average mpg? #110  
Garbage. I did not post anything nor do I want to post. The message pop up, I can’t find that. 0 == 0. So not finding something is the expected not the unexpected.