What's your average mpg?

/ What's your average mpg? #111  
1997 F350 4x4 CC LB PSD - 15.5 (there's no computer; corrected using both GPS and roadside speedo check signs) empty on the highway at 65. City 13. I don't trailer much any more... the truck gets less than 1k/year unless there's a big camping road trip.

2003 BMW K1200GT - 40-42 mpg *ahem* spirited driving.

2009 Mazda 3 hatch - 33 highway, 31 city, spirited driving.

2018 Toyota Highlander - 21 regardless, though my wife claims it gets 23. The computer's right and it says 21 right there...

/ What's your average mpg? #112  
Govt is mandating this 58 mpg by 2032. I was curious how I rated today. Remember this is licensed ICE vehicles for on road use only.
Combined meaning city and highway. * = most miles per year. ** second most miles per year
Ford Transit diesel combined mpg 18
VW diesel 45 mpg combined (his) **
Factory 5 Cobra 15 mpg combined
Porsche 27 mpg combined
Honda 30 mpg combined (hers) *
Ram truck 22 combined
Averaged = 26.17
Looks like I better buy that motorcycle :LOL:
They have a funky "MPGe" rating for EVs where 33.7 kWh is considered equivalent to a gallon of gasoline.

Motorcycles don't get relatively good MPG. Then be sure to price the cost of tires, and mounting tires. Tires cost about as much as gasoline per mile. You can easily pay $50-$100 labor to mount a tire. One tire. The fastest I have been able to mount a tire myself is 37 minutes from rolling out the tools to putting them away. An hour is typical. I have a proper tire mounting stand, none of this B.S. on hands and knees with levers. Can get the old tire off, new on in about 10 minutes. Another 10-15 to balance (just depends on how picky I am). The 37 minute job found the tire perfectly balanced with no weights.

/ What's your average mpg? #113  
My 2013 RAM 3.6L gets a bit over 20 MPG empty. As high as 25 MPG on a good day.
Towing my trailer empty gets about 18 to 20 MPG.
Towing my trailer loaded varies from about 13 MPG to 16 MPG depending on what I'm hauling.

Other vehicle is a 2011 Ford/Azure Dynamics Transit Connect, 100% electric. So, 0 Gallons gas per mile. ;)

/ What's your average mpg? #114  
My 2013 RAM 3.6L gets a bit over 20 MPG empty. As high as 25 MPG on a good day.
Towing my trailer empty gets about 18 to 20 MPG.
Towing my trailer loaded varies from about 13 MPG to 16 MPG depending on what I'm hauling.

Other vehicle is a 2011 Ford/Azure Dynamics Transit Connect, 100% electric. So, 0 Gallons gas per mile. ;)

/ What's your average mpg? #115  
I don't know what my 2006 GMC 4x4 gets and don't care. I drive less than 5k miles a year and get a good discount on insurance. When I do buy gas, I get the premium. A full tank will last me over a month of trips to doctor appointments, grocery shopping and a trip to Tractor Supply now and then. I can haul a barrel of diesel for the tractors in the back. Anything else I need, I can get delivered to my back door this afternoon or tomorrow from Amazon. ;)

/ What's your average mpg? #116  
Got BSed yesterday by a neighbors friend.
He has a 2500 GM 4x4 crew cab with gas engine.
He claims over 30mpg (imperial) towing a 7k lb trailer.
I'm lucky to get much above 20mpg in my F150 empty.
Just one of those guys you listen to and try not to roll your eyes.

/ What's your average mpg? #117  
Got BSed yesterday by a neighbors friend.
He has a 2500 GM 4x4 crew cab with gas engine.
He claims over 30mpg (imperial) towing a 7k lb trailer.
I'm lucky to get much above 20mpg in my F150 empty.
Just one of those guys you listen to and try not to roll your eyes.
On many vehicles one can "get inside" to tweak the MPG display. A prior owner or mischievous child may have tweaked his to the limit. Such is the error of trusting the Fool Computer, it will make a fool of you.

/ What's your average mpg? #118  
On many vehicles one can "get inside" to tweak the MPG display. A prior owner or mischievous child may have tweaked his to the limit. Such is the error of trusting the Fool Computer, it will make a fool of you.
he claims to have kept track of the milage and fuel he's pumped himself.
Faulty chinese calculator with only 9 digits?

/ What's your average mpg? #119  
I
I know some crooks and crooked people but I don't know of one that would rewrite the software coding in a motor vehicle to change the MPG being displayed.

I can send you a photo of my Chevrolet truck travel at 60 MPH and getting 80 plus miles per gallon. All you have to do is have the instantaneous MPG option in your DIC (Drivers information center) and let off the gas while going down hill.

/ What's your average mpg? #120  
he claims to have kept track of the milage and fuel he's pumped himself.
Faulty chinese calculator with only 9 digits?
Well good for him! He has a truck worth $1B because there is no other with an engine capable of voiding the laws of physics and thermodynamics the way his does.

Or, in my observation very few people know where to start in calculating MPG. Don't know to record distance since last fill. And once they have that distance they know what to do with it.