What's your average mpg?

/ What's your average mpg? #41  
Our car gets 32mpg.

Truck averaged 13mpg on the last tank. But it spent the majority of the time hooked to a trailer hauling a stump grinder.

Should be back.up to 17 this tank just commuting back and forth to work.

/ What's your average mpg? #42  
One thing stands out. Almost everybody has a 30mpg car. Most have a 40 mpg car.
It's clear we choose to save on or payless to travel. I'm nearly 70 and I plan to run the VW TDI until it or I die.
Looks like we only need the opportunity to own efficient cars and we will.
I had an 02 Golf TDI, it was slightly chipped/tuned. I was averaging 58mpg hiway, 54 city, I had 300K miles on it and still running strong when it rusted out enough that it would no longer pass safety checks. Thank you state of Maine for all the brine they put on the roads in the winter.

/ What's your average mpg? #43  
One thing for sure I'm a firm believer in driving 10 miles to get to the cheapest gas station and save a few cents per gallon, no, no I'm definitely not lol. Prime example would be driving my Chevy 4500 with a 60 gallon tank blowing through 2 gals of gas roundtrip to save maybe a buck 80 if completely empty. 😂

/ What's your average mpg? #44  
My 2011 F250 6.2L has averaged 11.83 mpg (calculated) over the last 10 years. Surprisingly, the "Lie O Meter" has always been right on the money.

/ What's your average mpg? #45  
Probably pizz poor. I had one CJ7 and never again either.
As an everyday driver...no. I had them as a kid and into my late 20s.. My back was much more robust then. Today, It goes out maybe once or twice every couple weeks if its a nice day and I get the urge to go for an ice cream.

/ What's your average mpg? #46  
04 F350/V10 about 12, 85 CJ7 4.2/Howell fuel injection, about 20. Wife's 14 Hyundai Elantra, about 38.

/ What's your average mpg? #47  
I had an 02 Golf TDI, it was slightly chipped/tuned. I was averaging 58mpg hiway, 54 city, I had 300K miles on it and still running strong when it rusted out enough that it would no longer pass safety checks. Thank you state of Maine for all the brine they put on the roads in the winter.
My wife drives them until the frames break and then she calls a car donation place to come get it and they give her a voucher for more than it's worth and she uses it for a tax deduction. Last one was unibody with stub frame rails welded to the body pan and when they broke from rust, that was it. Turned into a 'Flexible Flyer'

Like Maine here, over salted and brined in the winter, east w don't have vehicle inspections... yet.

/ What's your average mpg? #49  
Dude, you must be an extreeeeme hypermiler if we are to accept a 40mpg avg figure, on a gas hog focus RS. Your compatriots are averaging around half that! Nice work! (or check your calculations, lol).

View attachment 816147
Hand calculated.. The lie-o-meter says I'm getting 32 average. All I use it for is to see when it's almost empty. I can always tell when it's oil change and air filter time as the mileage drops off. I feel much safer in the wife's Burb but it's a pig. Glad she buys the fuel for it, not me. I did the cylinder delete on it. That GM idea sucks (oil) that is and makes it totally gutless too. I love the sound of a big V8 accelerating on a freeway on ramp.

/ What's your average mpg? #50  
2006 F150 4.6L V8 averages 15.8 MPG all around. Mostly used on short trips to town and back, but will get abut 18 MPG on longer road trips.
2004 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L V8 also, gets 20MPG in local use, and 25-26MPG on long trips. On a trip to Florida and back last Thanksgiving, driving 70-80MPH it averaged 25.8MPG over 2,600 miles.