Whats up Kubota???????

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #1  

stvman

Gold Member
Tractor
A very tired Case 580 (looking to downsize)
Am I the only one that feels this way?? why does kubota do such an awesome job of pitching the nose on the B21/ L35 but not on any of its other tractors ???

I don't know about anyone else but seeing the loader bucket to me is a huge deal ( one of the best things on the NH TC35-45 series ) I cant tell you how many times I have picked up what I thought was a full bucket on my 580 only to find after shuttling across a field all I had was a 1/8 bucket load.

Maybe it's just me!!!/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by stvman on 6/30/00 09:29 AM.</FONT></P>

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #2  
Sounds like its time for a convex mirror on front. Like the big ones on front of the school buses for seeing kids. Or the close circut TV and monitor job. You could save money buying the black and white version. If money is not a problem, use a camera hooked up with a notebook computer. You can email them as to why you can't see the bucket and send them pictures. For more drastic action, move the seat to one side like the older FarmAlls. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I am looking hard at the larger TC's and like the sloping nose. I never thought less of the Kubota's for not having it. The focus must have been on using the mid mower or whats hanging on the rear end. I do believe in tractor Gods and they might be watching. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #3  
After all Hawgee, your wish did get the most attention... read Kubota BX series and the 40HP compact that would fit in the back of a pickup you wanted! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif You got 22 and a pretty darn compact size.

Slanted nose on the B21/L35... other models would need some under-hood changes (probably) to accept that design. Wait wasn't Honda the first to do that in compacts?? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #4  
Speaking of loaders, yes the slanted hood on the L35 helps, and what makes it even better is the loader bucket on L35 curls back twice as far as other Kubota laoders due to the 4-bar linkage. (45 degree rollback). I've heard this feature is coming to the L4610 but I don't know if they have the total 45 degrees. Do any of the NH have this? I find that helps me a lot as I have a complete view of what's in the bucket, which for a non-professional operator helps.

I too have traveled some distance only to drop a tiny bit and feel goofy.

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #5  
Do you mean to tell me there's anybody with any kind of tractor that hasn't thought he had a bucket full only to find just a little bit in it?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #6  
Stvman, it could be you, but then, having the slanted hood still looks good and is undeniably cool. I don't have a problem knowing where the bucket is, how much I have or what angle the bucket is at. Its a big matter of experience. You still have both sides of the bucket to view. I do like the view from sitting on the TC 45. I don't like that they put the hydraulic lines on top of the cylinders. I frequently use the bucket back and rams to carry limbs and PVC pipe etc. Not on the TC45, the hoses are right there begging to get torn up. You could build a shield for them out of steel and clamp them to the cylinders. Also should you purchase the TC 45, make sure you order the grill guard as I understand its optional, you should have it, for me its a must.

Del, the 4610 does have the 4 bar linkage. The roll angles are greater then that of the 4310. 45 degs. for dump and 35 degs. for roll. One big difference on the 4610 loader (LA852) is that it is braceless, that affords better visibility and maintenance. Another thing I was wondering about on the TC45 is whether it has simultaneous boom and bucket operation. The Ford/NH 2120 does not have it, you can do it, but only by half valving and the cycle time gets painfully slow. JD's 4600 does not have it either. Rat...

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #7  
At times you know your bucket isn't loaded to the brim by the feel of the tractor, but your right there is nothing worse to dump out a few shovel fulls of dirt. Been there done that and I'm not afraid to admit it. I just do a look around to hope that no one saw me with that smart move./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #8  
The NH TC35/40/45's with the 16LA loader without super steer have a 30 degree roll back and 58 degrees in the forward position. On the 17LA loader with super steer you get 32 degrees back and 60 degrees forward. Both have the 4 bar linkage.

This does sound a little forward on the hinges to me but then out here with all the moisture in the ground, it may make for better dumping. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif The slanted hood is a plus. What I did notice the other day at the dealer when looking at the new ones was the bucket is heavy duty. Holes are already provided along the bottom for attaching tooth bar. This is heavyer than the other standard buckets offered. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

The hoods on the B21/L35 are probably there because of the amount of loader work the two are expected to do. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #9  
Nope not me my bucket is allways full/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
When I get the 4in1 ILL just be able to open it up and take a look see. You know where I can get one of the vedio cameras??
Rich

/ Whats up Kubota??????? #10  
richh, see "Off Topic and Just For Fun".