What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium?

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #1  

Wobblin-Goblin

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Massey Ferguson 4707
After going to Massey's website, I still can't figure out what differentiates them. Can someone kindly fill me in?

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium?
That video didn't answer my question. Massey has the 1700 Premium series. It also has the 1700M series. I cannot find what differentiates the two from each other. Am I missing something?

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #4  
That video didn't answer my question. Massey has the 1700 Premium series. It also has the 1700M series. I cannot find what differentiates the two from each other. Am I missing something?
In 2018, Massey Introduced the 1700M series. The M is their deluxe line with deluxe cab. Before 2018 it was the premium line

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #5  
The new M does not have a DPF and does not need to do regens. Just the new improved version of the premium.
They also now use a Shibaura engine. The same engine new Holland used to use in the old Boomer line when the tractors were made by Shibaura.

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #6  
Air ride seat. Yes. Premium tractor no doubt. Top of the line. I would assume Shibaura went with the DOC for engine Tier IV emissions in lieu of DEF/Regen route. I would expect pricing to be in line with Deere and Kubota premium series. Another great option for consumers.

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #7  
Air ride seat. Yes. Premium tractor no doubt. Top of the line. I would assume Shibaura went with the DOC for engine Tier IV emissions in lieu of DEF/Regen route. I would expect pricing to be in line with Deere and Kubota premium series. Another great option for consumers.

I just got a quote for the 1735M with loaded tires for $31,500. I got a quote for the 1740M Deluxe cab for $36,500. The Deluxe cab has heated back window, sunscreen, mesh storage compartment, blue tooth radio and air ride seat. The air ride seat was awesome. Edit: It also has front and rear LED cab lights.

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #8  
I just got a quote for the 1735M with loaded tires for $31,500. I got a quote for the 1740M Deluxe cab for $36,500. The Deluxe cab has heated back window, sunscreen, mesh storage compartment, blue tooth radio and air ride seat. The air ride seat was awesome. Edit: It also has front and rear LED cab lights.
That's a no brainer...get the bigger one

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #9  

Saw your other post MaineGuy1 but didn't want to insult other brand owners. Go Massey over LS!!!! Massey is the only other brand that would buy besides Kubota.
LS is alright, if you like lots of plastic and rust if you are around salted roads at all in the winter. All the LS's around here look awful after a winter of blowing snow at the ends of driveways near the road salt.

So the deluxe does have the heated rear window now too like Kubota? Nice. I wish I could get a cab tractor up here for those prices!!

/ What's the difference between the 1700M and 1700 Premium? #10  
I tried last years premium 1735 and I can say, Massey has the nicest seats I have ever sat in. It blew my mind how comfortable that 1735 was.