What's it worth,,??? See Pix

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
This Montana belongs to a neighbor and he's thinking about selling it. He purchased it new. The hour meter is showing about 500 hours and it has been sitting in the elements for a several years. He said something was wrong with with the HST and a mobile mechanic bypassed the glow plugs.

I know nothing about Montana tractors so I hope someone can can give me a ballpark value on it as it sits.

montana1.jpgmontana.jpg

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #2  
To bad it's been sitting outdoors for years, that really does a job on the resale value. Personally I wouldn't touch that tractor for anymore than 5 grand. I would imagine there is electrical issues, water in everything and the paint is wrecked. Looks rusty and worn, JMO..

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #3  
I wouldn't give more that 2K for it. I sold my T2734 that was 10 years old and kept in a building for $4k.

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #4  
It better be cheap, as this tractor is an abused orphan.

Repair costs could be extensive.

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix
I was thinking $1500 to $2500.00.

Will the FEL fit other tractors..??? It may be worth more than the tractor if it fits multiple manufactures.

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #6  
Tires still look new to bad the rest doesnt. hst could be a costly fix.

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #7  
I would leave it right where it sits!

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #8  
It really depends of how mechanical you are. My brother would take that tractor apart, fix it, paint it and sell it looking like new for 12 grand.

If you're intentions are to get it fixed then I say leave it there..

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix
I guess I'm a little more mechanically inclined than average. I split my Yanmar in 1/2 last winter and replaced the clutch. I've pulled and replaced heads and complete engines. That's jobs are pretty straightforward but diagnosing problems can be challenging especially after a tractor hasn't been turned over in a few years and been exposed to the elements. I guess that's what separates mechanics from parts changers.

/ What's it worth,,??? See Pix #10  
I guess I'm a little more mechanically inclined than average. I split my little Yanmar in 1/2 last winter and replaced the clutch. I've pulled and replaced heads and complete engines. That's jobs are pretty straightforward but diagnosing problems can be challenging especially after a tractor hasn't been turned over in a few years and been exposed to the elements.

If that's the case and you can buy it cheap, go for it..