Whats Best About TractorbyNet?

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #11  
Re: Whats Best About TractorbyNet?...wen.

I'm not Wen, but I'd like to post my answer to your question, Thomas: No.

Mark

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #12  
It's hard to beat an arrangement that provides for learning and helping each other, combined with fun, recreation, good fellowship, and a lot of laughs! It's certainly been both educational and fun for me.

Bird

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #13  

Amen.

Bird

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #14  

Thanks Thomas

I always try to learn something from everyone. Yes, I am sure the board described is the same one I have read a lot of messages on and a lot of them are really good and a lot of them were not of interest. I try to read alt.rural, but just run out of time. This board has an excellent following and I am sure that the average person buying a tractor from 18.5 hp to 120 hp has had some assistance by people here. That makes it a very worth while board in the great scheme of things. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #15  
Very nicely done, PaulB! What do you do, keep a running list of stuff on your computer somewhere so you can paste it in when threads like this come along? That's the second time you've done it, that I can remember. But you did summarize a lot of the value of this board quite well.

Another thing that contributes to the excellence of this board is the number of folks who aren't afraid to say they've learned something.

Mark

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet?
Well Mark, I'd NEVER admit I'd learned something from this board. If I made a list like PaulBs it would be too embarrassing. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gifWho wants 800 other guys looking at it going..."That guy didn't know a danged thing!" If I was smart I'd ask every new question with a different name but I haven't learned that trick yet either!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Art gave me the knowledge that hooking chains on to the lower links functions as a same-level-each-time stop for the 3pt. I guess my question would be, when a tractor maker puts a non position controlled 3-pt together, why don't they INCLUDE a couple of nice orange chains with the tractor?

Let's see, I have a <font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue> Ford, an <font color=orange> ORANGE</font color=orange> Kubota, maybe I'll go try to find some <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> chains.

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #17  
Mark - I just keep a running list in my head. When you start out knowing NOTHING about tractors, it is easy to remember what you have learned, because anything I know I have learned in the last 2 years. As I said, that list is artificially too short because I just rattled off the first things that came to mind. If I searced the archives I could easily double or treble the list.

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #18  
I think I've learned a thing or two from your responses. Thanks, and keep um coming.

If I read all the posts long enough, eventually somebody might think I actually know something. Maybe then I'll have to stop asking questions. Well, I mostly read responses to the questions somebody else asks. Thanks for asking um too.

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #19  
Wonder if all the equipment manuf.'s are aware this site is here? Only takes a few clicks and some ww's to find out. So grab thy mouse and let's be for checking. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Whats Best About TractorbyNet? #20  
Well,for those who don't know I'm new around here, but I can tell you that I know a good thing when I see it.I'm one of those that allways wanted a tractor,I was born and raised in an island in the Caribean,everything my family planted on the .750 acre garden lot we did by hand,picks and hoes.We spent a lot of time together,(a lot).I hate the pick with a passion,so I promised myself a long time ago that if I could afford a tractor one day I would do so.That's how I stumbled upon TractorByNet.
I was doing a lot of research the old fashion way;talking to people,driving around and visiting dealerships.When I found the site I accomplished more in 30 minutes reading from the forums that I had in countless hours on my own.There's a wealth of information on this site for anyone who wants it,for that I'm very gratefull to you all out there.I bought my Kubota B7500 and I did not agonized over that decision,for me that was the best tractor and the Site influenced my decision greatlly.What's best about the Site? I'll tell you;people helping others expecting nothing in return,people allowing others to help them,buddy,(Muhammad),you got a good thing going here,keep it up!

Hector