What's a fair price?

/ What's a fair price? #1  

k4todave

Tractor
I have a John Deere Model 1050. It is a three cylinder Diesel with 930 actual hours on it. It starts and runs well. I just had the fuel pump rebuilt about three years ago. I had the shift fork replaced (at great expense) about 15 years ago. it's had an easy life. I have used it to pull a bush hog, and that very seldom.

Given the mechanical problem of the rear wheels being locked up, what would a reasonable price could I get for it?

thanks.

Dave in KY

/ What's a fair price? #2  
I have a John Deere Model 1050. It is a three cylinder Diesel with 930 actual hours on it. It starts and runs well. I just had the fuel pump rebuilt about three years ago. I had the shift fork replaced (at great expense) about 15 years ago. it's had an easy life. I have used it to pull a bush hog, and that very seldom.

Given the mechanical problem of the rear wheels being locked up, what would a reasonable price could I get for it?

thanks.

Dave in KY

Dave,

Your machine is 100% made by Yanmar in JD green paint, else it's a Yanmar YM4300. Both have the TURBO.

It's EZ to fix the rear wheels.
Yanmar Tractor Brake repair Video

Should your machine be in good working shape, $8K to 10K is respectable. Yanmar engines are of the highest performers for reliable up time.

IF the machine has a loader, the price jumps higher by $3K to $4K.

If 4WD add another $1K to the price.

Your machine has the Power Beyond option mounting too. A real plus for a machine of that era.

The JD750 / JD850 / JD950 / JD1050 and JD1250 are much sought after. It's a time prior to all of that computer nonsense, yet modern enough for compact to full size applications. No limp home more, no regen issues, no shut down and fixed by the dealer due to a glitch.
Machines from the 80s & 90s prior to computers are a big focus for buyers at this time. Less to go wrong. And there are many Yanmar parts suppliers on the web these days that support the JD machines mentioned. JD has scaled back on 'some' parts support, thus the aftermarket has gained that ground.

/ What's a fair price?
Thank you very much for this information. I should also have mentioned the there is quite a bit of rust on the large rear wheels. It is a two wheel drive with a pedal that locks the rear differential so both of the rear wheels drive. I have a bush hog that needs repair (minor welding for a broken brace. I will view the video and see if i can get it driving again.

Thanks again. Davein KY

/ What's a fair price? #4  
8 to 10 k seems very high for a 1050 without a loader. I’d more like 6k tops. They are great little tractors though.