What would you do?

/ What would you do? #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
You witness a hit and run in a rural area close to your home. It's apparent that the driver of the car you saw is kind of "out of it" some how, particularly after they leave the scene and their car is on fire and they are driving slow and won't stop when flames are shooting out of the car LMFAO.

Do you report it or don't worry about it?

/ What would you do? #2  
You witness a hit and run in a rural area close to your home. It's apparent that the driver of the car you saw is kind of "out of it" some how, particularly after they leave the scene and their car is on fire and they are driving slow and won't stop when flames are shooting out of the car LMFAO.

Do you report it or don't worry about it?
Sure, I'll post my vote...
Call it in. Next time might take a life.

/ What would you do? #4  
Been there done that..... witnessed two separate hit and runs....
got a description, partial plates, and called in immediately! Wouldn't you want some info if someone did that to your property?

/ What would you do? #5  
I'd try to get photos and call it in immediately.

/ What would you do? #6  
I have Active State Trooper on one side, and two retired Troopers on the other. Wouldn't want to be a guy attempting hit and run around my place.

/ What would you do?
Honestly, the car was driving towards my own home, so I followed it.

Called it in, and later the state troopers showed up and took my statement at the end of the driveway where the car "pulled into".

Got a call from the DA, apparently this person is fighting the DWI charges. I will need to testify in court.

Here is the thing... I get people drink and drive, but what REALLY ticked me off is they crashed into a church parking lot and hit the church van that basically stays in the same spot 24/7 unless it's Sunday. NO WAY could you even imagine hitting it per where it's parked in the corner of the parking lot.

If you're guilty, just admit it and take the punishment IMO because you did wrong. I've been in the same boat so I can say I speak from experience.

I just don't like being the rat and sticking your nose into someone else's business.

/ What would you do? #8  
Honestly, the car was driving towards my own home, so I followed it.

Called it in, and later the state troopers showed up and took my statement at the end of the driveway where the car "pulled into".

Got a call from the DA, apparently this person is fighting the DWI charges. I will need to testify in court.

Here is the thing... I get people drink and drive, but what REALLY ticked me off is they crashed into a church parking lot and hit the church van that basically stays in the same spot 24/7 unless it's Sunday. NO WAY could you even imagine hitting it per where it's parked in the corner of the parking lot.

If you're guilty, just admit it and take the punishment IMO because you did wrong. I've been in the same boat so I can say I speak from experience.

I just don't like being the rat and sticking your nose into someone else's business.
Just be glad it was a van and not a person.

/ What would you do? #10  
We call it all the time. The sheriff gets them one time in five or ten. I've been asked to testify once, but the driver caved in the end. (Kinda hard to sound sober as you explain why you drove 7' straight up a six foot high 80 degree embankment, in the other lane.)

My neighbors had quite the year a few years back; the drunk bicyclist at two am yelling at them for building a house across the main road (he was in their driveway under their bedroom window, having somehow come through their gate), the drunk who crashed through their electric 6' high gate, yelled at them, and then drove back out onto the county road before driving through two fences and getting stuck. The sheriffs deputy wasn't too pleased to discover that on top of everything else he wasn't wearing a stitch of clothing. Or the guy on the ATV, who blew past their bedroom at one in the morning before driving through several more barbed wire fences. (Yes, I have no idea why he didn't kill himself doing it.)

The really odd bit is that the road is crazy twisty both directions, with hundred plus foot drop offs in many places. I haven't a clue how a drunk could go more than a quarter mile without being at the bottom of a very deep ditch, and yet they do.

All the best,

Peter