What would you do?

/ What would you do? #11  
I've called in to report a few drivers over the years. A couple nearly had head-ons with opposing traffic. One missed a curve and the car ended up on it's side. Stopped and made sure no one was seriously injured, called 911 and waited until the cops got there. The driver and passenger were drunk as skunks, car smelled like a brewery and was littered with empty beer cans.
Go directly to jail, do not collect $200.

/ What would you do? #12  

I just don't like being the rat and sticking your nose into someone else's business.
Right there's the problem. You shouldn't feel like a rat for turning them in. You should feel like a rat for NOT turning them in. And it's not someone else's business. It's all our business when a hit and run driver (drunk or not) is on the roads that we all travel.

If we don't watch out for each other, what's the point?

/ What would you do? #13  
I don't know if this will count. Called in a liquor store robbery. Two guys - two guns - one really scared civilian( ME ). Yes - that's me. Scrunched down behind my car - hoping I'm invisible. Luckily - nobody got hurt and the LEO's DID catch the guys after a time.

/ What would you do? #14  
Have to agree with everyone else. I would call it in. But I'm also the guy that will stop if I see an accident and wait to tell the cops what I saw.

Do I really like doing it, not really, but I've seen too many people, including myself, that were not in the wrong getting screwed by the ones that were to keep my mouth shut. People need to be held responsible for their actions. I wish there were more people that would stand up and do the right thing.

Of course the guy is going to fight a DWI. Hopefully he wises up and you don't have to spend a day in court.

Last edited:
   / What would you do? #15  
Too bad the flames weren't severe enough for the problem to take care of itself.

Next time, phone it in anonymously.

/ What would you do? #16  
911 follow from safe distance.

/ What would you do? #17  
If they can run into a parked church van when it's parked they could do it when it's full of people. Reporting it is a civic responsibility. Hopefully the driver will get the help they need.
More than likely they have been convicted before, and sooner or later the judge will send them to jail. This could be the one.

/ What would you do? #18  
I really don’t see how this is even a question. Not reporting a drunk or otherwise impaired driver is ridiculous. There is a substantial difference in reporting someone that is at considerable risk of causing injury, death and property damage and already has caused property damage vs calling to snitch on your neighbor because their garbage can is out 2 hours past trash pickup time.

/ What would you do? #19  
Not a drunk driving case but still impaired. My father, at 91, was nearly blind due to glaucoma. He passed the vision test for his license but was blind in his right eye, saw from one quadrant from his left eye. In December his limited vision missed the plow truck clearing the right half of a highway and he crashed. Seat belt saved his life but before airbags - broke right arm which remained permanently disabled for the rest of his life (he passed away at 104). Following the accident many neighbors anonymously reported his having driven them off the road by driving down the wrong side of our gravel roads but they didn't want to report him since he would be stuck 6 miles from town with no transportation. He did manage the next 8 years before moving to assisted living but with an arm crippled from the crash. If only they reported him sooner. I was living in my own world a long distance away and was not aware.

/ What would you do? #20  
We turned in one that was driving erratic. Slowing way down, speeding up, crossing the lane almost wiping out mailboxes then over correcting and ending up in oncoming traffic nearly causing several head on collision's.

Cops found the driver at a walk in clinic and called us back. The person was having an adverse reaction to medication.

Cop informed them that next time to just call an ambulance and to not attempt to drive. Said the persons family members were gonna come collect the person and vehicle from the walk in clinic.