What would you do with this

/ What would you do with this #11  
Why not attach it to the firewood processor instead of the truck?

/ What would you do with this #12  
Big 2 wheel drive tractors sell very cheap sometimes. Buy an big old tractor to mount it on.

/ What would you do with this
Yea, I thought about that. It would have to be mounted on the trailer tongue. I already own the trailer I am building the processor on and it would take major modification and beefing up to mount the hoe on it. I really wanted the loader on the truck. That way I can hook up another trailer behind the truck and hual wood home from where ever I find it. I can find larger trucks with knuckle booms on them already, but I dont plan on going into the logging or firewood business, just trying to make it a little easier for gathering my own personal wood supply.

Big 2 wheel drive tractors sell very cheap sometimes. Buy an big old tractor to mount it on.
I could do that, but it sort of defeats the purpose of what I am trying to accomplish. I want to be able to take my processor to a site, load it and process the firewood and only make one trip doing so. Mounting the loader on another piece of equipment would mean hualing two pieces of equipment to the job site before you can even start work.

I have a boom off a longarm mower. I think what I am going to end up doing is taking whatever parts I can use off the hoe and using the longarm boom to build a lighter knuckleboom. I will have to beef up the longarm boom some but it should handle firewood size logs as is. It also has a little longer reach than the backhoe. Its currently taken apart but I have all the cylinders saved so its basicly reassemble and build a swivel for it. I'll use the backhoe parts makeing a lift for the processor

Yesterday, while riding around looking at junk. I might have found what i need to make a light duty loader I can mount on a ton truck. It is a bucket truck that has been scrapped. I looked it over and seen that it was pretty well complete. Still mulling this one over and tying to come up with a plan to make it work. Also found the cylinder I was looking for to make the processor splitter. 5in bore, 48in stoke, off a 3966 international excavator. Machine is probably a 75 model, or there abouts. Wants $150 for the cyl. Probably weights 6-800lbs, so little risk if cylinder turns out to not be good. Anyways, somedays in the junkyards can yield treasures, and the other days, just junk. Still its fun sometimes to just get out and look.

/ What would you do with this #17  
Bucket trucks are usually equipped to lift about 300LBS We used to do what you are thinking. Usulay it was a heavy truck Semie Tractor ,, we would mount the hoe to the back and place a roll of duct and air compressor on the truck. Simple street bore could be done with one truck. Dig the receiving pit them to the other side of the road and dig the bore pit Drop the hog in the hole and start the compressor when it was done, reverse the procedure use the hoe to back fill and tamp.

I didnt measure, but this bucket lift had a boom of about 30 ft. If I used it, and that would only be after fully checking it out, I would be cutting the boom in at least half. I am guessing just the bottom section of the boom would be long enough for what I had in mind. Anyways, its worth a little more checking into. I would probably use the bottom section of the hoe, stabilizers and swing, and get rid of the heavy boom and bucket. I'll have to think this thru for a little while, still thinking about just selling the hoe attachment and taking the money and building a proper knuckle boom. I think the bucket truck would make a good donor if I decide to build a knuckle boom.

/ What would you do with this #19  
Mudd,
You need a fair amount of HP to run this properly. GPM X PSI divided by 1714. So 21.7 GPM X say guessing 3000 PSI Divided by 1714 = 38 HP theoretical + 25% for a internal combustion motor, so about 48 HP. You need a pretty stout tractor, or you could use a 2 1/2 ton single axle truck, I've seen them mounted on trucks, they work alright. One thing about a log loader, they boom is mounted high up. https://www.google.com/search?q=log...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a The grapple hangs off the end of the boom, so you would not use the load dump cylinder. Then you need an extra circuit to rotate the grapple. SO it could all be done, just take a lot of work.
Mark

I still have the attachment, never have unloaded if from the trailer. I got the original pump and valve when I got the loader. If i ever get around to building the knuckle boom, I have a 58hp diesel engine I will be powering it with. There will be other pumps hooked to this engine, but the loader could only be used when nothing else is in operation so I should be okay on power. Everynow and then somebody will approach me about buying it and I priced it for $1200, nobody seems to want to pay my price so I will just keep it. It would cost me more than $1200 to buy all the cylinders and control valves to build a knuckle boom so I am under no pressure to sell.