Buying Advice What was your reason?

/ What was your reason? #1  

gunny0628

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King 55HC
If you purchased an RK tractor what was the deciding factor?

I made my decision to go with RK because of value and service.

Bill

/ What was your reason? #2  

Bill

Since RK is very new to the tractor business, it would seem that "service" is a factor yet to be determined..... for the years ahead.
For "value"......THAT definitely seems to be there.... right now!
If I were currently looking for a Tier IV tractor, the RK55 (or TYM 554) would warrant my serious consideration.
An RK deal killer for me though, would likely be.......no RK anywhere near New England!

/ What was your reason? #4  
My reasons would be: good value, good performance, Outdoors with the Morgan’s, and Yanmar engines.

/ What was your reason? #5  

Bill

Hey Bill,
The overarching reason is value - more bang for the buck.
As was mentioned by Fried, service is an unknown variable and makes me a bit uncomfortable - especially at my store. However, a tractor is a tractor is a tractor; if I have the parts and service manuals (plus the TBN forums), I can troubleshoot and fix most anything. In 20 years, I've only had the dealer fix one thing on my New Holland; the rest (both stuff I broke and some warranty items) I fixed myself (for warranty NH provided the parts n/c). In the worst case that RK won't honor the warranty, I can always have a TYM dealer fix it and sue for reimbursement in small claims court (or on "Judge Judy").
The main thing for me was similarity to my TC40D, especially the hydro pedal arrangement (separate forward and reverse pedals on the right, splittable brakes on the left) but wanted current comforts (cruise control, deluxe 3PH, rear remotes, fender mounted joystick, tilt wheel since I'm 6-03 and wife is 4-10, etc) and upgrades for my twilight years (a/c, heat, rear lift control, radio, etc.)
I really thought I was going to end up with a similar Kioti, but just couldn't justify the price difference.

/ What was your reason? #7  
My reasons would be: good value, good performance, Outdoors with the Morgan’s, and Yanmar engines.

DITTO.

I had been thinking about a SCUT for a few years. That's actually how I stumbled onto Mike's channel way back when he only had a couple dozen videos. I watched them all and subscribed. Been watching them ever since. I had never heard of RK tractors until he made the deal with them for his channel. That's about the time I was seriously starting to compare different makes and models. Being able to see them used so extensively on his channel was a plus, but at the end of the day, it was the price point that sealed the deal for me.

On a side note, Mike is pretty local to me. We actually shop at the same Rural King. I met him once. Cool, down-to-earth guy, just like in his videos.

I've had my RK24 since March of this year and, other than a couple minor issues, it's been a workhorse. Up to about 115 hrs so far. The response time and customer service regarding my couple issues was top notch.

/ What was your reason? #8  
I just looked at the Site.

Manufacturer claims on FEL lift look good (2100 lbs.) but as I have found out the hard way, they are never what the Manufacturer claim them to be, RK's claims... we will see.

I do not like the fact they don't have "Shift on the Fly" HST, one of Yanmar's better features !
There doesn't appear to be any Dealers in the South West...; these are things that would put a BIG "NOT" in the works.

Too bad actually, IF the manufacturer can live up to the claimed specifications and expand the Dealership/Service Locations, then this could be a good Tractor.

snymat68,
Doe the RK24 have a Shift on the Fly HST ?
Thx

Ltr

/ What was your reason? #9  
I just looked at the Site.

Manufacturer claims on FEL lift look good (2100 lbs.) but as I have found out the hard way, they are never what the Manufacturer claim them to be, RK's claims... we will see.

I do not like the fact they don't have "Shift on the Fly" HST, one of Yanmar's better features !
There doesn't appear to be any Dealers in the South West...; these are things that would put a BIG "NOT" in the works.

Too bad actually, IF the manufacturer can live up to the claimed specifications and expand the Dealership/Service Locations, then this could be a good Tractor.

snymat68,
Doe the RK24 have a Shift on the Fly HST ?
Thx

Ltr
No it doesn't. To change H/L range and 4WD you must be stopped.

As for the lift capacity, at least for the RK24, the mfg spec is pretty much spot on. I have another thread on here (with graphs) where I did a bunch of independent testing to verify it.

/ What was your reason? #10  
My deciding factor. Price and warranty. They have taken care of me on warranty so far, having had my differential rebuilt already.
Price was unbeatable, and they are the same SCUT as everyone else.
I looked at Massey, Mahindra, and New Holland....and my RK19. Besides from accessories, and minor things, they were the same baseline tractor.