What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #311  
Steve Allen was a great Tonight Show host, and Carson filled his shoes well. The quality of the guests really declined when he retired. I remember him chatting with Truman Capote, Carl Sagan, and he gave George Carlin his first TV appearance.
I loved Johnny Carson...but one thing that bothered me was he never had Cheech Marin (one of the smartest guys in hollywood) on his show but he had george carlin on many times...

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #312  
Trackdown...with Robert Culp
Cheyenne...with Clint Walker
Wanted: Dead or alive...with Steve McQueen
The Lone Ranger...with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
All in the Family
Carol Burnett
That Girl
Mary Tyler Moore was portrayed as an innocent next door neighbor girl. Except for one time...

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #313  
I loved Johnny Carson...but one thing that bothered me was he never had Cheech Marin (one of the smartest guys in hollywood) on his show but he had george carlin on many times...
Maybe Cheech didn't want to fly to NYC? By the time TTS moved to California in '72, I was away from home, working long hours, and didn't have time for it. I liked the NYC vibe when it was aimed at a more sophisticated audience.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #314  
Speaking of kids and TV...IMO...the funniest show on TV these days is 'Young Sheldon'...it's a spin off of BBT...
IMO Annie Pots owns the show she is hilarious...(and smokin hot!!)
The writing is excellent and the timing delivery of the entire cast is great...
Personally I think George, Georgie and Missy are extremely funny as are the teachers and librarian...
You have to listen close as the dialog is wickedly funny at times...!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #315  
Every now and then I can't seem to get to sleep after waking up. I have my ipad tablet next to the bed, so I prop it up and connect to my over the air antenna and tune in to old TV shows... Andy Griffin, Donna Reed, Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligan's Island, Leave it to Beaver, Dragnet, etc. etc. .... they put me right to sleep. I connect to the antenna so I don't pull internet data $ while I sleep.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #316  
Trackdown...with Robert Culp
Cheyenne...with Clint Walker
Wanted: Dead or alive...with Steve McQueen
The Lone Ranger...with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
All in the Family
Carol Burnett
That Girl
Most of those shows are still aired daily. But you forgot the most watched "Gunsmoke".

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #317  
Highway Patrol - Broderick Crawford

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #318  
How many are familiar with Sid and Marty Krofft? They produced some of the craziest kid's programming starting during the late 60's and continuing all the way up to 2016. They are Canadian brothers and still around at 93 and 85 years old. They had to have been on drugs to come up with some the ideas they had LOL. Some of the early shows I remember are:

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #319  
How many are familiar with Sid and Marty Krofft? They produced some of the craziest kid's programming starting during the late 60's and continuing all the way up to 2016. They are Canadian brothers and still around at 93 and 85 years old. They had to have been on drugs to come up with some the ideas they had LOL. Some of the early shows I remember are:

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #320  
I remember when we (mom and dad) got our first color TV. Howdy Doody, Captain Kangaroo, Sky King and later American Bandstand and nearly all cartoons were still black & white. In the evening, we looked for shows in TV Guide or the newspaper listings that had a star next to the listing. The star indicated the program was in color. One of my favorites was the FBI. There were maybe only 3-4 programs in the evening of all three networks in color. Local and national news was still black & white.