What to do with the swampland?

/ What to do with the swampland? #51  
OP: have not read thread close enough... is your sculpture mild steel that will rust? if so will you let the rust develop, or put on a finish...i'd rather see it rust in the swamp for the effect.
small detail in a large project, though worth looking at since you wanted to create a visual in the 1st place.

/ What to do with the swampland? #52  
Haha! Sorry about your troubles but thanks for the enjoyment of following along.

Why didn’t you shove the tractor into your shop to do the wheel/tire/chain work?

Sweet monster btw!

/ What to do with the swampland? #53  
Minnesota, I didn't mean that you should actually CONSTRUCT a road and cause catastrophic, permanent and irreparable harm--heavens no!!
I am merely SUGGESTING that you keep driving into your swamp along the desired access area to pack the snow and grass so that it freezes. Surely no bureaucrat could find fault with that, could they?

/ What to do with the swampland? #54  
In Minnesota, if you have a ditch with one evasive cattail growing in it, it is considered a wetland, a conservation delight that dictates all lawful uses of land, requires special provisions from unelected bureaucrats on-high, and carries the populist assumption that if messed with, all waterfowl, fisheries, and game refuges would suffer irreparable damage, thereby affecting the quality of life of all future generations of children. No, for the sake of the children, you cannot just build a road in Minnesota.

Now you could apply for a hardship variance, pay the $250 bucks only to have a retired teacher who somehow got on the Planning Commission not by competence, degree, or experience, but through nepotism, politely tell you to eff-off and your destructive capitalist plans unless it is explained, that after construction, the road shall be condemned to the state so that public access may be granted to bird watchers, who, unable to afford binoculars, will be able to gain access to the swamp and its rich ecosystem of swampish animals only by the provision of this proposed, wheelchair accessible drive which includes at least four parking spaces off of the right-of-way. Only then might you have a chance to build a road, but only if you promise to purchase through the Minnesota Conservation Fund an equal amount of wetlands that your driveway shall destroy that shall forever remain under the watchful eye and control of the MN DNR.
Yup, I hear that. I got wetland, I can't even riprap back there against muskrat damage.

/ What to do with the swampland?
Haha! Sorry about your troubles but thanks for the enjoyment of following along.

Why didn’t you shove the tractor into your shop to do the wheel/tire/chain work?

Sweet monster btw!

Bless your soul. A shop. I wish I had a shop. I don't have a shop (the Tinkerage is a small two-bay garage that is literally out of space) and where I live on a ridge there is no room for a shop, but more to the point, I don't have the means to build a shop anyway. I dream about a humble pole building with an apartment, 18' sidewalls, and a couple of shed roof leans to park stuff under over at my other property, but that is unlikely to happen.

OP: have not read thread close enough... is your sculpture mild steel that will rust? if so will you let the rust develop, or put on a finish...i'd rather see it rust in the swamp for the effect.
small detail in a large project, though worth looking at since you wanted to create a visual in the 1st place.
The plan is to allow the mild steel to petina on its own and rust up into tetanus city.

Minnesota, I didn't mean that you should actually CONSTRUCT a road and cause catastrophic, permanent and irreparable harm--heavens no!!
I am merely SUGGESTING that you keep driving into your swamp along the desired access area to pack the snow and grass so that it freezes. Surely no bureaucrat could find fault with that, could they?

This is just me thinking aloud, but by the time I get my wheel sorted out, beet juice filled up, and the new tire put on, I'll be about $600 in—plus my fiddle-faddle time—which is enough of a lesson for me to just organize a crew of friends to heave-ho it to where my brother and I would like it to go (that is if we can find enough waders as all of mine were so shot, I threw them away).

/ What to do with the swampland? #58  
Bless your soul. A shop. I wish I had a shop. I don't have a shop (the Tinkerage is a small two-bay garage that is literally out of space) and where I live on a ridge there is no room for a shop, but more to the point, I don't have the means to build a shop anyway. I dream about a humble pole building with an apartment, 18' sidewalls, and a couple of shed roof leans to park stuff under over at my other property, but that is unlikely to happen.
sheesh man, you got a big fancy kioti, a huge payloader, and cash to blow on steel for random art pieces, but no shop? Humble pole building is an achievable goal! :)

/ What to do with the swampland? #59  
I have a wetland on the back third of my property. Most people in this area are highly vigilant about protecting wildlife. Five years ago, my retired farmer neighbor, had a six foot culvert installed, so he could get to his field easier Hikers turned him and that cost him legal fees and a hefty fine.

I fenced my wetland area off, allowing the bottom land to be used as a pass through for deer and other wildlife. The idea was to keep the deer moving through the area, and out of my vineyard. I used 7 1/2 ft fencing.

I worked about half good enough.

/ What to do with the swampland? #60  
Bummer Man lol, figures, stick the tractor doing something for fun. While watching you not be able to move with a front tire down, I wondered why you don't have rear chains. I've popped a front bead and was able to lift the front wheels off the ground and back all the way to my shed.

Are your fenders too close to the tires for rear chains?

Kevin