What to do with the swampland?

/ What to do with the swampland? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
My brother hatched an idea that we should put a plesiosaur out in our swampland next to the road. I thought this a good idea. So while I brought home my tractor and cut a path down to the floating bog of a swamp for access, my brother chased off to the plasma table and created a half-size art study. Upon assembly of the art study, it was realized we needed to add more vertebrae and detail to the head and teeth for the full-size version. As I type my brother is cutting the full-size version out of a pair of 4x8' 5/16" plate stock. We estimate that the full-size plesiosaur will weigh around 800 pounds and since none of us know how deep our floating bog swamp is, we're going to pound in a pair of 10' 3x6" square tubing to support the plesiosaur in two places as soon as our swamp freezes over within the next four or five weeks. Right now I think the original wooden cutout model my brother cribbed off of has the front flippers flipped forward so the model would sit flat on a shelf rather than tipping forward. Since this will be supported on a pole or poles, we can have ours be correct.
IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_3528.JPG
IMG_0013.jpeg
311573485_5548961328513706_2802516136608096670_n.jpg

Plesiosaur_skeleton,_New_Walk_Museum.JPG

/ What to do with the swampland? #4  
It isn't everyone who can say they have a dinosaur living in their swamp!!!! 👍

/ What to do with the swampland? #5  
That is one big Minnesota skeeter😁

Depending on your bog 10 foot poles may not support that weight come summer.

/ What to do with the swampland? #10  
Be fun if you could work with that half size one and toss it in the bog as well, looking up to it's big mommy... lol.
Looks like a fun project, nice work!

E.