What to do or not to do :

/ What to do or not to do : #11  
Back in 01 I bought a 45' Diesel Coach - I did not have the time to build my garage and I did not want it outside - I bought and set up one of the canvas garages - I did some re-search and bought a good one - I was surprised how well it was made - and how strong it was - we had strong winds and lot of snow that season - it was dark green / round top - 14' high - the snow melted from it rapidly what did not slid off - I kept the sides clean with the tractor - I had crushed stone for the floor - it stayed dry inside - worked out well - I put a 40 X 60 garage up the following year and sold the canvas one - it's still being used today - your tractor would take no where near the size I put up - for what they are, the cost is not bad - you may want to take a look at one.....

/ What to do or not to do : #12  
I'm OCD about storage. Nothing I own that's engine powered sits outside. Ten items. Costly to have that much storage space. But not as costly as replacing equipment or parts.

I am SOLIDLY in your camp!
I leave NOTHING outside,..... engine powered or not!

/ What to do or not to do : #13  
If you have enough land to where you need a larger tractor you have enough room to build someplace to store it.

/ What to do or not to do :
If you have enough land to where you need a larger tractor you have enough room to build someplace to store it.

I have all kinds of land , at 78 I am just to old to build another building . I have always kept my tractors , mowers , etc. under cover too . I don't need a larger tractor than the 5700 just would be nice to have a cab on one that size . I have been looking at the nx and rx kioti cab tractors on the internet , but I guess I will just keep what I have and be happy with what I do have .

/ What to do or not to do : #15  
I have all kinds of land , at 78 I am just to old to build another building . I have always kept my tractors , mowers , etc. under cover too . I don't need a larger tractor than the 5700 just would be nice to have a cab on one that size . I have been looking at the nx and rx kioti cab tractors on the internet , but I guess I will just keep what I have and be happy with what I do have .

I wasn’t necessarily saying build it yourself or build anything too expensive or elaborate. I was thinking hire someone to build it. The cost of building a small shelter for the tractor wouldn’t be too much relative to the cost of a new tractor I wouldn’t think

/ What to do or not to do : #16  
Which is more important, you or the tractor? You can keep yourself outside when on the tractor without a cab or you can get a tractor with a cab and keep it outside. My take is the tractor is just a tractor.....
With proper maintenance I expect it will last longer than you will need it even if kept outside. Might be good to keep tires out of full sun.

An option for storage is a metal carport. I have a couple, one of which I store my tractor in. Probably bought the first one 15 years ago. Live in the mountains and get substantial snow so ordered with heavier snow load. I think they are from American carports. They both have sides and a back. You can get it as tall as you need.

/ What to do or not to do : #17  
My tractor sits in a large, two sided carport stall. It's always got the battery plugged in during the winter. The difficult part - getting dressed and trudging thru the snow - getting to the carport. The tractor only has a canopy - so I seldom do much DURING a snow storm. Better to wait until it's all over and things have settled down. Thirty eight plus years and our heaviest single snowfall was around 14". Normal being 4" to 6". Barely enough to require plowing my mile long driveway.

Now, my new Taco Wagon (Ram 2500 Power Wagon), it sits out in the cold. Right along side the house. I can plug it in if necessary. I've given up keeping it under cover - the #$$%@ mice enjoy the engine compartment too much if it's in a covered area.

/ What to do or not to do : #18  
Maybe get acab for the current 5700 and build a shelter for it.

/ What to do or not to do :
I have done lots of mowing the last couple of weeks so the the tractor was really dirty . I spent yesterday cleaning it all up , giving it a good coat of wax and it looks like new again , mainly because it has never spent a night outside in the elements . I have come to the conclusion not to give that up . I would love to stick with Kubota but the prices of a cab on a new M series have gone out of sight , plus putting up some kind of shelter for it . I will stick with what I have and be happy with it . I tried to post a picture of it but for some reason unable to get it downloaded .