What tires are best suited for me

/ What tires are best suited for me #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I have a small 32hp ford 1910 2wd that I use to bush hog about 15 acres of well kept fields with and use a finishing mower on about 3 acres that is cut weekly. what tires would be best to still give me good traction without being bad on grass? I would like to buy firestones since the originals lasted 36 years

/ What tires are best suited for me #2  
I have a small 32hp ford 1910 2wd that I use to bush hog about 15 acres of well kept fields with and use a finishing mower on about 3 acres that is cut weekly. what tires would be best to still give me good traction without being bad on grass? I would like to buy firestones since the originals lasted 36 years
I would lean towards R4 or R14 tires only because of your finish lawn mowing. IDK if Firestone still makes tractor tires. Most new tractors come with Titan or Carlisle brand tires. You will get a lot of people who will advocate R1 style tires, but I think they would be rough on weekly finish lawn mowing.

/ What tires are best suited for me
I would lean towards R4 or R14 tires only because of your finish lawn mowing. IDK if Firestone still makes tractor tires. Most new tractors come with Titan or Carlisle brand tires. You will get a lot of people who will advocate R1 style tires, but I think they would be rough on weekly finish lawn mowing.
I primarily mow with it so I’m leaning toward tires that won’t mess up grass. thanks for the help

/ What tires are best suited for me #4  
With this case I think it’s a compromise either way. But with a 2WD tractor brush hogging the majority of the acres I’d probably lean towards a more aggressive tire than turf.

/ What tires are best suited for me #5  
What style tires are it for the past 36 years? If They were good for 36 years why change now?

With this case I think it’s a compromise either way. But with a 2WD tractor brush hogging the majority of the acres I’d probably lean towards a more aggressive tire than turf.
Definitely need more aggressive than turf

What style tires are it for the past 36 years? If They were good for 36 years why change now?
They tend to be hard on my grass when I use my finishing mower

/ What tires are best suited for me #8  
They tend to be hard on my grass when I use my finishing mower
If that’s the only reason have you priced new tires and zero turn mower’s? You could easily be in the 3k range for two rear tires for that tractor.

/ What tires are best suited for me #9  
I believe another consideration is the rim size. Not 100% positive but I believe R4 & turf require a different rim vs R1 ag. Some R1 ag have less aggressive lug patterns than others. Not sure if available in your size or cost but radial R1 have larger foot print and may be less aggressive also. Never ran radials on this small of tractor so not sure.

/ What tires are best suited for me #10  
You can often find any style of tire to fit your existing rims especially if they are ag rims;

1651673930089.png

1651673964431.png

1651674146773.png

1651674292795.png

Every one of these tires is a 16.9-28 bias ply tire. They will all fit a rim that is 28" in diameter, 13 to 16 " wide