What spray lube do you like?

/ What spray lube do you like? #41  
I don't believe that PB Blaster is a lubricant, but it is a great rust buster. I often use it to clean things, then hit whatever I'm cleaning with white grease to keep it lubed. (Especially pickup hinges... I hate hearing them creak.)
I have a bottle of Kroil which I bought when I was cleaning up my neglected BP rifle but only bring it out for guns and tools as the stuff is not cheap... especially after paying for shipping.

/ What spray lube do you like? #42  
1. WD40
2. Liquid Wrench

/ What spray lube do you like? #43  
The Project Farm guy did a video on this for YouTube. The results were pretty interesting as I recall, but I don't remember which product was the winner.
I'm pretty sure the Winner was Sea Foam's. DEEP CREEP.

/ What spray lube do you like? #45  
I've got a can of Kroil, I'm not convinced it is worth the cost. I like liquid wrench products. I've used their Penetrating oil, chain lube, garage door lube and their white lithium. All seem to work well.

I just started using fluid film and I like it a lot better than the lithium grease, it doesn't make your stuff look like birds have crapped all over it. I have enough bird crap as it is.

/ What spray lube do you like? #46  
I started using fluid film either in 2009 or 2010, I heard about it on here or somewhere online where you could order a sample cam from FF.

When I received it, I sprayed some on my trailer hitch receiver and kind of forgot about it, one Sunday afternoon, I was at work on an extra project, and my ex girlfriend stopped over and I was sitting on the tailgate of my truck talking to her, eating the sammich she had brought me, swinging my feet and they accidentally hit the receiver, it rattled, and that wasn’t right because it was stuck so bad I couldn’t get the pin out of it …

I’ve been a believer in fluid film ever since

/ What spray lube do you like? #47  
Surprised no one mentioned CLP.
Cleans
Lubricates
Protects
Maybe just for guns.

/ What spray lube do you like? #48  
WD40 is not a lube

I think they make a lube now. There's a lot of WD40 products.

I use CRC Power Lube for oil spray lube where you'd be tempted to use original WD40. I got some on advice of a friend who owns a bike shop. It's the only thing he found to fix sticky Shimano shifters. The grease in them hardens after some years and they can't be rebuilt. It works great on door hinges and similar things.

I also use silicone spray and white lithium where those are appropriate. Motorcycle chain lube for industrial chains (and motorcycle chains of course). Bicycle chain lube for bike chains.

/ What spray lube do you like? #49  
It's the only thing he found to fix sticky Shimano shifters. The grease in them hardens after some years and they can't be rebuilt.
Procedure, please. Assuming you're talking about the trigger-actuated ratchet shifters, I have a pair on a 1990's Trek that have been getting flakey, and I believe this is the reason.

/ What spray lube do you like? #50  
I'm pretty sure the Winner was Sea Foam's. DEEP CREEP.
Actually the winner wasn't any penetrant, it was heat.

Of the penetrance tested, liquid wrench won.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804-131948.png
    Screenshot_20230804-131948.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 76