What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw?

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw?
You are suppose to set the brake, at the end of each cut.
Stop the chain before setting the brake.
If I make two cuts without moving, I will bypass that step.

When I took my first safety class back in nineteen eighty something they told us that it was NOT a parking brake. Saws were just starting to come out with them,
and it likely was to keep people from routinely using it to stop the chain.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #102  
Stop the chain before setting the brake.
If I make two cuts without moving, I will bypass that step.

When I took my first safety class back in nineteen eighty something they told us that it was NOT a parking brake. Saws were just starting to come out with them,
and it likely was to keep people from routinely using it to stop the chain.
Old school. Stop and chain and save your arm or leg.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #103  
Always thought chain brakes were a safety device to help prevent injury during kickbacks etc. More accidentally engaged than intentional after every cut? Ive never even heard of engaging it after every cut til now. However I see the benefit of intentionally engaging it if your walking around in a wooded, brushy, hilly, area with a running chainsaw. 99% of the time when I'm finishing a back cut and getting out of the way I shut the saw off. To me anyway, Old skool is a old chainsaw without a chain brake lol.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #104  
I've thought about this which I'm about to say but don't think it will come across correctly. First, I do NOT judge other people for wearing or not wearing safety stuff. My neighbor wears his full face, Stihl helmet when he uses his weed eater....

The reason I don't wear safety stuff is that IF I did wear all the safety crap then I would think it would protect me from any harm and in doing so; I could slack off and stop using my brain.

Since I don't wear safety crap, I use my head/brain since I know it's gonna hurt if I don't. Escape route? that's only 1/10th of what you should be thinking of.

Hows the footing on the ground, tripping hazards, what'if's..., what other people (or dogs, animals) doing in the area, where will the tree land, I can go on and on...

Yes, I drop 3 trees yesterday, had my safety shorts and slip on Sketchers on. Also, didn't wear ear plugs so that I could hear if danger was around (have a friend who's name is Dana Danger...) :)

Another thing about safety gear, I tried safety chaps once... It wore me out physically just putting them on... 10 minutes and I took them off so I could work longer...

I have wore down chainsaw chains to where, I've thrown a half a dozen of them off... not that I want to, they just broke a link and left the bar... I should start a thread - Stupid stuff I've done in my life...

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw?
I know it's gonna hurt if I don't. Escape route? that's only 1/10th of what you should be thinking of.

Hows the footing on the ground, tripping hazards, what'if's..., what other people (or dogs, animals) doing in the area, where will the tree land, I can go on and on
I do the same. I wear hearing protection to save what is left of my hearing.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #106  
Diana danger meet jalopy Jeff who grudgingly repairs, and is closely associated with Missy (outdoor power equipment) mayhem. Snow drift.